{Mod Request} dysentry

Started by Brigadon, October 05, 2015, 05:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brigadon

I would happily provide the graphics (I have done a lot of graphics for bluesteel's towns mod) if someone else could help work on the coding for a hygeine mod.
The primary reason is, of course, to provide a reason for bathrooms inside of apartments.

What I would like to see:
A hygiene need which, when unfulfilled, would lead to creation of a dirty spot when maxxed with the serious negative moodlet 'fouled' . This would have the same priority as eating, and fill up every day. The hygiene bar would also be cleared when a medic does their feeding trick.

a well, which could be placed anywhere on dirt, water, snow terrain, or gravel. can be of various materials and is a low-priority hygiene fulfiller with the negative moodlet 'bathed from the well'.

A pump, which can only be placed on a well, to which pipes could be attached. a well with a pump is no longer available for a hygiene fulfiller.

pipes, similar to the electrical system currently implemented or redistheat mod. these can be used to fill a tank similar to a battery or as mandatory connections for other hygiene devices.

a shower, which requires a pipe connection. This is a joy item, but also improves hygiene, and provides a minor 'freshly showered' moodlet

a toilet, which is the highest priority hygiene fulfiller, no moodlet.

a (2 square) bathtub, which is a joy item, but provides a nice moodlet 'freshly bathed' and takes a bit longer than a shower.

a latrine trench, which you can create with no materials and will behave much like a toilet (but with lower priority than most other methods other than a well) and a negative moodlet. also, being close to a latrine will have the 'stinky' moodlet and if you eat too close (5 square radius?) you can get dysentry. Also, if it's too close to any well or pipe everyone using the facilities attached to that network could get dysentry. (turn the pipes a yellow color?)

If people are injured or eat while fouled, they have a chance of developing a 'dysentry' disease.

In addition, the incident troll 'pipe burst' could destroy a piece of pipe and create a large area of dirty, based on the amount of flooding from attached tanks.

Other ideas would be welcome, and I sure wish I could code it myself, but I am an artist, not a coder. I understand that that vastly simplifies any water mechanic, but I was thinking it could add some nice positive and negative moodlets, some more joy items, and really help simulate that colony-killer, dysentry.

johiah

why have pipes? use naturally forming water run it through a cleaner that strains it using minerals, then run it through a water heater (for during winter otherwise your pipes will burst)
"My best warden has no jaw"

Sheyka

this idea sounds awesome... i have interest in this mod too ^_^
Sorry for bad english <3

milon

I'd be interested in this too, but I'm not a modder.  There's been interest previously as well:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3333.0
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5453.0

The first link also links to a toilet art resource (didn't verify the link).

MisterVertigo

I love the mod idea, but not crazy on the name!  ;D
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Brigadon

Mistervertigo- Name negotiable, plumbing mod sounds so blase, though.

Johiah- Trying to keep it simple and user-friendly. The mod already has a LOT of work in it, and considering how abstracted power and food already were, I figured a similarly abstracted water system would be a good idea. no seperate potable and waste water systems, no filtering yards or waste treatment, no water pollution (except having the middens too close to the pipes), no worries about finding water blocks or rain catchment, no icy pipes or rusting. The trick is to make the benefits outweigh or come close to the negatives of having it installed, or no one will want to use the mod. Also, marble bathtubs are a GREAT way to relieve stress.

I have already started... trying, to code this thing myself, but so far all I have is toilets, bathtubs, and sinks as beauty objects.

johiah

Quote from: Brigadon on October 05, 2015, 05:28:56 PM
Johiah- Trying to keep it simple and user-friendly. The mod already has a LOT of work in it, and considering how abstracted power and food already were, I figured a similarly abstracted water system would be a good idea. no seperate potable and waste water systems, no filtering yards or waste treatment, no water pollution (except having the middens too close to the pipes), no worries about finding water blocks or rain catchment, no icy pipes or rusting. The trick is to make the benefits outweigh or come close to the negatives of having it installed, or no one will want to use the mod. Also, marble bathtubs are a GREAT way to relieve stress.
Well I meant then you wouldn't need wells, and maybe make it so that people can also bathe in the lakes and ponds. Also, maybe add hot springs in the mountains, a geyser with water around it or something and provide loads of hapiness buffs, buff healing of wounds, and prevent infection.
"My best warden has no jaw"