Normal Item Acting as if Forbidden When Not

Started by wierdnitro7, March 25, 2016, 09:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wierdnitro7

I'm on spring break, so I've been playing for about 4-5 hours. I got the event where someone is being chased by pirates and wants sanctuary, once I let them in and killed the pirates, I could no longer order my colonists to pick up items on the ground. If 'forbidden', no option was given. If 'allowed,' it claimed it was forbidden. It is only with items on the ground, no matter where they are or how old(I had some metal from a vein not picked up way before the pirates attacked{OR not sure when the metal was mined}). It also did not let me haul a dead animal I killed, despite force hauling working on other objects. The colonists COULD move/use items if it was for a job, such as buildings, with materials that the colonists could not be forced to interact with. To make it clear, I should have been able to force colonists to interact with objects(hauling them), but could not.
('Fort Dunkirk' is the save and the unnamed zip folder the world.)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

harpo99999

are the pawns on un-restricted zoning, or are you wanting them to interact outside of the zones they are restricted  to?

Calahan

I loaded your save, but I do not see a problem.

I selected the Pawn named "Andy", changed his access from "Combat Zone" to "unrestricted" and I was able to haul the corpse of "Chef" that is to the west of your base. Also no trouble hauling the packaged survival meat near the corpse or the steel shiv near the corpse. I tagged a random chunk for hauling, and was able to order that to be hauled, and the Alpacahide's in the North West corner, and the metal from the previously mined vein you mention. No problems hauling any of them.

Have you tried changing the Allowed Area for your Pawns to "unrestricted"? Since that seems the most likely problem, as when I loaded your game all but one of your Pawns was set to "Combat Zone".

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog