Prisoner who is incap because missing leg cannot be recruited

Started by asanbr, October 05, 2015, 07:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asanbr

If a prisoner is unconscious then it is logical that we cannot talk to them.

But often a prisoner will be lying in bed unable to walk, because their leg was shot off or amputated. They are healthy in every other respect. Still wardens will not talk to and recruit them. I find this not logical.

Facepunch

Never have this issue, I cut the right leg off of all of my prisoners to keep them from stepping out of line.

Alitaria

I've had this issue as well. My wardens will feed and treat them. But refuse to talk to them
Talk about two leg supremacy.
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

RickyMartini

It's by design and not a bug. You need like 2 wood to make them a peg leg anyway so not worth changing the mechanism.

milon

^ Installing said peg leg requires 1 Medicine as well (regular or Glitterworld, I think).  Does seem odd to me, but I haven't tested that scenario recently.

RickyMartini

Quote from: milon on November 11, 2015, 02:09:19 PM
^ Installing said peg leg requires 1 Medicine as well (regular or Glitterworld, I think).  Does seem odd to me, but I haven't tested that scenario recently.

Yes you're right. But I mean anyway, it wouldn't make sense to try and recruit a bedridden prisoner. Even if you recruit him, he's still without a leg.

Oxidus

Just sell him to Pirates or someone and get another one lol.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

asanbr

Quote from: Skissor on November 12, 2015, 03:30:18 AM
Quote from: milon on November 11, 2015, 02:09:19 PM

Yes you're right. But I mean anyway, it wouldn't make sense to try and recruit a bedridden prisoner. Even if you recruit him, he's still without a leg.

One reason to do so would be to harvest organs without getting the faction more hostile towards you.

I don't remember why this happened originally. I think I was just trying to recruit and after a long long time realised I had wasted a lot of food on someone who was not being recruited. I can't remember why I didn't want to give them a peg leg.

ison

Actually, it should be possible to recruit a prisoner in this case. Fixed, thanks.