[A13] EnviroSeed SK v1.1d [5/7/2016]

Started by dismar, October 05, 2015, 11:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

EnviroSeed SK

EnviroSeeds is a continuation of the seed requirements from Vendan's "Seeds Please" mod. A joint effort between Skyarkhangel and dismar. Please see the History and Credits for everyone who has worked on this project up to us.

EnviroSeeds require you to use Seeds to grow you crops. They can be Bought from the bulk merchant and occasionally drop when you harvest from wild plants.

It this version only the core plants harvest seeds.

Special Note for People using the "Prepare Careful" mod. You will have to go into my mod's def folder and delete the Folder called "MapGeneratorDefs" for Prepare Carefully to work. Then make sure to start with seeds or you wont have any. I'm no longer running two versions since you can just delete a folder to make seeds compatible.

Download A13 v1.1d

T-crops WITH seeds!
Do not use the version above if using the version below.
Load up T-crops THEN load the Seeds mod below :

EnviroSeeds 1.1d T-crops edition

Change log :

V1.1d Recipes bug found
V1.1c Tables added
V1.1b Hotfixes
V1.1 Alpha 13 release
V1.0 Seeds created. Wild plants now drop seeds.

Credit and History
Alpha 9 Better Than Sentry Guns by FlowerChild introduced Seeds for plants.
Alpha 10 SeedsPlease was released from Vendan
Alpha 11 Aragas updated and changed some of the coding. Leucetius cleaned up a lot of issues in the coding and released a fully working version.
Alpha 12 Skyarkhangel updated to the new version 12. dismar rewrote and updated the xml code.

skyarkhangel wrote a new version of the coding to the seeds project into the Enviro mod. And then sent that to me to write a new mod using the "wild seeds" and that is were this mod picks up.

dismar

pktongrimworld

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Ouan

I have been looking for a mod like this! Is it save game compatable? Also, do added crops, such as those implemented in T's mods just not work if it is enabled? I understand only Vanilla crops currently have seeds, but the question begs.
Damn Pirates!

dismar

Quote from: Ouan on October 07, 2015, 04:53:13 AM
I have been looking for a mod like this! Is it save game compatable? Also, do added crops, such as those implemented in T's mods just not work if it is enabled? I understand only Vanilla crops currently have seeds, but the question begs.

Should be OK to use in a saved game. But anything you grew before won't spawn a seed. And the plants have to be wrote into the seeds mod to work. Currently only vanilla crop, veg garden, and pleasure_sk have been "seeded". Since those are the only mods I have permission to alter and re-post. The latter two mod can be found on my other page.

LustrousWolf

My colonist pick up some apple seeds, then stands from where he picked them up and somehow plants them from like 30 blocks from where the growing area is?

dismar

every time or just some times? Those pawns do get pretty lazy.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: dismar on October 10, 2015, 01:38:52 PM
every time or just some times? Those pawns do get pretty lazy.

I have only noticed it once. Was pretty strange, I will report if I see it again, it is nothing game breaking but it is kinda strange. :o

onearchitype

I have been playing with this mod for about 9 months in RimWorld time and I noticed that crops grow extremely slow. So I did a test and there is definitely a difference. Vanilla Rimworld potato crops grow approx. 10-12% each day while EnviroSeeds potato crops grow only between 1-2% each day. I started growing potatoes on Mar 1 and by day Sept 1 I am still waiting for these first crops to complete. I did some peeking into the def files but can't find the reason for this. Any ideas?
Thanks!

dismar

Quote from: onearchitype on October 14, 2015, 10:25:42 AM
I have been playing with this mod for about 9 months in RimWorld time and I noticed that crops grow extremely slow. So I did a test and there is definitely a difference. Vanilla Rimworld potato crops grow approx. 10-12% each day while EnviroSeeds potato crops grow only between 1-2% each day. I started growing potatoes on Mar 1 and by day Sept 1 I am still waiting for these first crops to complete. I did some peeking into the def files but can't find the reason for this. Any ideas?
Thanks!
If anything the plants should be growing faster then vanilla. Gnomes has a multiplier build into it and happens most often of all Gnomes... I've looked though out the defs and didn't see any reason for an issue. Can ya send me a list of ya mods so i can investigate further?

onearchitype

If anything the plants should be growing faster then vanilla. Gnomes has a multiplier build into it and happens most often of all Gnomes... I've looked though out the defs and didn't see any reason for an issue. Can ya send me a list of ya mods so i can investigate further?

I started a new "test" colony to figure out which mod it was and it was this one. The current test colony only has three mods... Eb Interface, Pawns Icons and EnviroSeed.

dismar

yea i had some time to look into it and it is taking a lot longer to grow in perfect situations. I'll have to msg sky to look into the Dll file to see if it a problem there.

onearchitype

Quote from: dismar on October 14, 2015, 04:02:30 PM
yea i had some time to look into it and it is taking a lot longer to grow in perfect situations. I'll have to msg sky to look into the Dll file to see if it a problem there.

Thanks!

dismar

Download link updated with fix to growth ticks. :P