[Modpack] Reupload of Ultimate Overhaul Pack 29/09

Started by coolmoo, October 06, 2015, 08:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolmoo

I am re uploading the Ultimate Modpack on the realeases as many people are looking for links to the new one and I have made a copy on my dropbox.

To install just grab the modpack and modconfig that share the same date and drop the modconfig in the appdata/locallow/ludeonstudios/config
and drop the modpack into the mods folder in rimworld.
Dont forget if you want to add patches you have to add them in the mod load order and disable the ones you dont want.

I have removed the download link as Nine was not authorized to use almost a fourth of the mods he put in his pack and therefore broke our policy regarding modpacks. Please do not link his pack here. -Ramsis

TLHeart

But some of those mods are no to be part of the mod pack, and violate the licenses of the modders.

did you get permission from all the mod authors to release this mod pack? 

coolmoo

This is just a reupload of the modpack as he closed it down so I havent actually changed everything except the mods that were to be removed were removed by nine for the last update, If mod authors wish for me to remove their mods from the reupload I can try but as I am new to modding it may not work after removal. I am hosting it until Gent finishes his version once that goes live I will be taking this down.

Xiupan

Wtf? Where did Ninefinger go?? I left for like a week, come back and everything is broken... -_- What happened?

dragonheck

Quote from: Xiupan on October 06, 2015, 09:29:32 PM
Wtf? Where did Ninefinger go?? I left for like a week, come back and everything is broken... -_- What happened?

Politics is what happened some mods were not authorized and lets just say from what I have heard Nine was not as politically friendly as he should have been and the ones who were offended became outraged that someone would dare take their mod and make it work with a lot of other mods without their expressed permission (plus they really did not like seeing him making some effort money when they were not so yea Politics)

dragonheck

wonder when nine will have the politically corrected version of his pack out because Hardcore is quite enjoyable and fun especially for the audience it is targeted at (those who want the game to kick your butt even on the easiest setting)        but its a bit too hard for me and takes forever to get going and is quite confusing that I am not really sure what to do plus I died really fast when my colonists have to man all of my turrets that go BOOM when hit instead of having auto turrets   even when I cheat using dev mode it feels hard

Ramsis

Long story short Nine was banned for being a problem causer as well as an overall nuisance to the modding community. He struggled to meet our rules regarding credit, fought often with mod makers in regards to showing them their due respect, and blatantly attacked the moderation and admin staff pertaining to the representation of Ludeon itself; suffice to say we don't condone that kind of behavior.

As I posted on OP's post, we request that his modpack not be linked on the forums anymore. Thank you!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Xiupan

Re-goddamned-diculous... So much stupid drama. I just want an easy to install modpack for Rimworld! Is that so much to ask for? -_-

Loki88

Quote from: Xiupan on October 07, 2015, 09:05:41 PM
Re-goddamned-diculous... So much stupid drama. I just want an easy to install modpack for Rimworld! Is that so much to ask for? -_-

GENT is working on it minus drama, so just wait patiently.

TLHeart

There is another mod pack, you can play...
Those who refuse to play by the rules, do not get to play.

and installing mods is so easy, why not just gather up the ones you really like, and install them yourself.

Owlchemist

Quote from: TLHeart on October 07, 2015, 11:41:37 PM
and installing mods is so easy, why not just gather up the ones you really like, and install them yourself.

That's probably fine if you just want a few mods that each have little overlap, no? I would imagine you need some kind of organization that a modpack provided if you want multiple mods to integrate well with one another, specifically in how they're unlocked via the tech tree, not to mention consistent balance and production cost/means.

Xiupan

Quote from: Loki88 on October 07, 2015, 09:33:55 PM

Good to know! Thanks! :)

TLHeart

Quote from: Loki88 on October 07, 2015, 09:33:55 PM

actually no gent is NOT working on the UOM, he is working on his own gentle pak, which will take time.

TLHeart

Quote from: Owlchemist on October 08, 2015, 12:39:20 AM
Quote from: TLHeart on October 07, 2015, 11:41:37 PM

That's probably fine if you just want a few mods that each have little overlap, no? I would imagine you need some kind of organization that a modpack provided if you want multiple mods to integrate well with one another, specifically in how they're unlocked via the tech tree, not to mention consistent balance and production cost/means.

I currently am playing a game with 34 mods running, with no conflicts, just have to load them in the correct order, which EDB makes very easy to do. And the order is only important for 4 of the 34.

UOM was far from consistent on production costs, or balance.

Many of the active modders work with the other modders so that their mods will work together.

Now there are just some mods that change the game so much, they will never be compatible with anything else.

Geroj