[TOOL] RW SaveEditor (v.0.6/Alpha 3)

Started by keensta, January 15, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keensta

Quote from: Evmeister on May 09, 2014, 03:37:37 PM
Ok yeah everything is current. Here's my save. I appreciate the help. The slag/rock debris remover doesn't seem to work either but I might have been doing it wrong. The steam geyser option does work for me though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hn673tiihl94x3s/Defiance_Save%202.rim

Ok after looking at your save file, I've noticed that all your colonists use the Thing class "BF.pawnX" which as far as I know is not a normal Pawn class.

More then likely a mod has created the class and made all your colonists use the new class. Which is completely incompatible with the save editor I'm not sure how far they can go with changing this class if they can make it so when it saves the pawn data it saves it in a different tree type so rather then "Story>Name.Nick" to get the pawns nickname they can change it to "Story>Details>Name.Nick".

Either way could I have a list of your mods so I can determine what one does this or if you know which one modifies the pawns then please tell me which one so I can dig in deeper to in and figure a way to fix it with breaking everyones that doesn't have this.

No matter to the above bit I found out after a quick look it's to do with the BattleFormations mod while using that you can't use the editor. I'm working on a possible fix now.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Evmeister

I think I might have an Idea of which mod is doing it. I believe it might be Battle Formations, but I'll do some tests to confirm that because it's the only mod I have that modifies the colonists as far as I can tell.

keensta

Quote from: Evmeister on May 10, 2014, 12:22:37 PM
I think I might have an Idea of which mod is doing it. I believe it might be Battle Formations, but I'll do some tests to confirm that because it's the only mod I have that modifies the colonists as far as I can tell.

Yeah it is.. I modified my existing post must been while you was making yours.

BattleFormations add's the new class so he can add the ability to save the formations. It shouldn't take long to implement a fix, but I can't be 100% that it will be full proof.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Evmeister

Well I wasn't completely using it anyways, so if need be I could live without it.

keensta

Quote from: Evmeister on May 10, 2014, 12:31:43 PM
Well I wasn't completely using it anyways, so if need be I could live without it.

Uploaded a fix should now work with your save.

Evmeister

Great I'll test it out, Thanks Keensta!!!

Evmeister

Ok, so it's pulling up the colonists in the list now. However it's not retaining the number when after I save the character Ana and switch to another character and then switch back to Ana. Which in turn is not changing and is staying the same value when I load the save.

Coenmcj

G'day, you've got a great tool here, although I have one request;

The SpawnGeyser function uses a 1x1 Stockpile however the geyser itself spawns as a 2x2 Instance, and is rather annoying to "Aim", But beyond that I've got no issues with it, Keep up the excellent work you're doing.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

keensta

Quote from: Coenmcj on May 13, 2014, 08:42:30 AM
G'day, you've got a great tool here, although I have one request;

The SpawnGeyser function uses a 1x1 Stockpile however the geyser itself spawns as a 2x2 Instance, and is rather annoying to "Aim", But beyond that I've got no issues with it, Keep up the excellent work you're doing.

Ah good point sir. I'll look into that now.

Quote from: Evmeister on May 10, 2014, 02:05:52 PM
Ok, so it's pulling up the colonists in the list now. However it's not retaining the number when after I save the character Ana and switch to another character and then switch back to Ana. Which in turn is not changing and is staying the same value when I load the save.

Sorry about that. I've fixed it now redownload :)

SacoMato

Thank you Keensta.
Useful tool.
If is not much, is it possible to implement <passion></passion> to the Colonist skills?

Cheers!

keensta

Quote from: SacoMato on May 13, 2014, 08:20:40 PM

Thank you Keensta.
Useful tool.
If is not much, is it possible to implement <passion></passion> to the Colonist skills?

Cheers!

Yeah that can be done. I haven't really played the game it self for a while but I'm taking it passion is that fire icon next the the skill.

SacoMato

Quote from: keensta on May 14, 2014, 06:12:06 PM
Yeah that can be done. I haven't really played the game it self for a while but I'm taking it passion is that fire icon next the the skill.

Yes
There is two, Minor and Major.

Evmeister

Ok sweet, thanks Keensta, I'll give it a go.

keensta

Quote from: Evmeister on May 14, 2014, 09:03:26 PM
Ok sweet, thanks Keensta, I'll give it a go.

Taking it works for you. Hope you enjoy it.

Quote from: SacoMato on May 14, 2014, 06:21:03 PM
Quote from: keensta on May 14, 2014, 06:12:06 PM

Yes
There is two, Minor and Major.

Ok well the skills UI part is need a little overhaul and with this and mods advance at a rapid rate I need to create a new way to edit them so. Sure ill and this in for you that's no a problem.

Evmeister

Yup finally working, I appreciate all your work!