[TOOL] RW SaveEditor (v.0.6/Alpha 3)

Started by keensta, January 15, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keensta

Quote from: Serapaxson on April 22, 2014, 04:13:39 AM
I am using the big bang mod pack and most of the other mods that are not included, I don't have a problem playing the game with them all enabled so I don't have any idea why the editor is having issues.

When I first opened the program i selected the main rimworld folder like you stated in the guide on the first page :P
Ok strange, if you can tell me exactly what the RWDir car inside the perf.xml has down and what I suggest is navigate to the folder then inside that folder if the "Mods" or "Saves" folders are not in there then the problem is not having set the correct directory.

Quote from: macbuk on April 22, 2014, 07:56:11 AM
I also can't change anything.

In the output file there is:

Ah that's a small spelling mistake it seems you can't edit resources separately but you can edit a entire stockpile at once using the set all button at the bottom of the resources section.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

macbuk

Also the Colonist editor does not save changes, no errors in output.

keensta

Quote from: macbuk on April 22, 2014, 03:04:04 PM
Also the Colonist editor does not save changes, no errors in output.

Just uploaded the fix.

Please download the newest version it has couple of fixes check out the OP for change log no need to change the Pref.xml file unless it's first time downloading...

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

albany_

I'm having the same issue ("Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"). http://pastebin.com/WeDXVCrs

Everything appears to be set up correctly.

keensta

Quote from: albany_ on April 22, 2014, 04:38:04 PM
I'm having the same issue ("Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"). http://pastebin.com/WeDXVCrs

Everything appears to be set up correctly.

Oh silly me I see the reason now.
I'll fix it tomorrow afternoon.

Serapaxson

This is all that's in the pref.XML file, There is no mods or save file in the editor folder either :/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
  <firstLoad>no</firstLoad>
  <RWDir>F:\Games\RimWorld413Win</RWDir>
</root>

keensta

Quote from: Serapaxson on April 23, 2014, 01:56:02 AM
This is all that's in the pref.XML file, There is no mods or save file in the editor folder either :/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
  <firstLoad>no</firstLoad>
  <RWDir>F:\Games\RimWorld413Win</RWDir>
</root>

It's fine figured out the problem. I'll update it this afternoon.

PunisheR007

what i found is, it will only let you edit the first 2 colonist in the list and the rest can't be saved, thats with a fresh game and 3 starting colonists.
great editor though, but it did corrupt the save after i tried to edit the same save file a second time.

keensta

Quote from: PunisheR007 on April 23, 2014, 04:24:15 AM
what i found is, it will only let you edit the first 2 colonist in the list and the rest can't be saved, thats with a fresh game and 3 starting colonists.
great editor though, but it did corrupt the save after i tried to edit the same save file a second time.

Not sure if you have noticed but I uploaded a new version last night so check out that version it should fix the colonists not saving correctly also should stop corrupting any save files.

ENE

Its me again... hh after I download the lastest ver. of Editor, now it can load the colonist so thank you for that. But after I open the game And Load the edited-save file , everything goes white except "Architech" and "Pause - Play" buttons then some sort of window with many red sentence show up.
ps. I downloaded it today

sorry abt my Eng

keensta

Ok thanks for the feedback I've uploaded a new change to the Dropbox.

Should fix all saving errors for colonists.
File corruption should no longer be a problem.

Just a note it seems when using a normal save without any mods or save tampering my file got corrupted so sometimes it's not the SaveEditor and is just the game.
I'll update the change log later when on my pc.

albany_

Hey keensta - I appreciate the effort to fix the issue but the updated editor still isn't working. The output log is the same as before.

Spoonikle

dont know if requested or planned, but maybe the option to revive colonists? corpses still retain the colonist tag, so it may be possible... not sure if old attributes are saved ( like skills, but you could always re-roll )

Or just the ability to make new colonists at the original drop zone? Clone current colonists? Convert non-raiders?

WorldOfIllusion

just wondering, in making this have you looked at how rimworld actually saves/loads saves at all, or have you just been looking through save files?
If it's the former, could I possibly interrogate ask you some questions about how it all works? Really don't want to work it out from scratch.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

Serapaxson

with the new version it get's further then before but still doesn't show anything, here is the log http://pastebin.com/ZpvZur5V
Correct me if i'm wrong but is this a mod conflict with you're program and is it possible to make it skip mods that don't load and just continue to the next one ?