[TOOL] RW SaveEditor (v.0.6/Alpha 3)

Started by keensta, January 15, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SacoMato

Quote from: keensta on May 16, 2014, 05:28:22 PM
Ok well the skills UI part is need a little overhaul and with this and mods advance at a rapid rate I need to create a new way to edit them so. Sure ill and this in for you that's no a problem.

Thank you Keensta!

PunisheR007

Damn, doesn't work with alpha 4 lol, keensta we need an update :).

UltimateDL

Yeah, could we get an update? pleeeeaaaaseee? :)

PunisheR007

UltimateDL

Damn i really want an updated map editor to make some minor tweaks before i play any alpha 4 :\

PunisheR007

iv'e worked out how to edit the save files with notepad++, where i can edit everything i need, like skills of colonists and so on.

DaveG

and are you going to share that info?

open with notepad++ search for colonist, all info you need is in there.

PunisheR007

yeah it is pretty easy, i will make a tutorial if anyone would like me to., i am going to workout how to add steam guysers as well, shouldn't be to hard to workout, also to have whatever gun you wish.

keensta

Quote from: PunisheR007 on June 04, 2014, 09:18:54 AM
yeah it is pretty easy, i will make a tutorial if anyone would like me to., i am going to workout how to add steam guysers as well, shouldn't be to hard to workout, also to have whatever gun you wish.

Sorry people, took a small break but I'm back now. I'll be updating the program tomorrow after work.

As for editing the file by hand it's quite easy once you understand the structure, Also steam geysers are added to the "things" section. Copy and paste a old one and just update it's vars how I done it first off :P.
Program is truly here for the quick and smoothness of editing the file.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

rdz1122

Alpha 5; your editor actually still allows editing stockpile quantities, and adding steam geysers, but nothing else.  I really liked the ability to quickly edit colonists; I can do it through using Notepad, even adding colonists from other saves, editing weapons, etc., but it is much more tedious, and sometimes creates errors.

If you have anything where we can donate to support to help with keeping current, message me so I can do whatever.

Thanks for the great editor.

keensta

Quote from: rdz1122 on July 07, 2014, 12:07:44 PM
Alpha 5; your editor actually still allows editing stockpile quantities, and adding steam geysers, but nothing else.  I really liked the ability to quickly edit colonists; I can do it through using Notepad, even adding colonists from other saves, editing weapons, etc., but it is much more tedious, and sometimes creates errors.

If you have anything where we can donate to support to help with keeping current, message me so I can do whatever.

Hi, thanks for the kinds words also I appreciate the offer of donations but I need no support and don't accept money for public work I see it as a hobby and to be given money for it is great but that could be spent on better things others then me :).

As for a alpha 5 update I can't give a deadline I unfortantly have to leave my pc at my old address (parent house) and unsure when I'll be getting it back hopefully next week some time but untill then I can't push a update for this editor I do have a updated version on the pc that works for alpha 4 which should work for 5 to . But unfortantly I never pushed it to GitHub :(..

I'll try my hardest to do it asap.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Cdr.Keen

be water my friend!

PunisheR007

Quote from: keensta on July 09, 2014, 06:56:40 AM
Quote from: rdz1122 on July 07, 2014, 12:07:44 PM

Hi, thanks for the kinds words also I appreciate the offer of donations but I need no support and don't accept money for public work I see it as a hobby and to be given money for it is great but that could be spent on better things others then me :).

As for a alpha 5 update I can't give a deadline I unfortantly have to leave my pc at my old address (parent house) and unsure when I'll be getting it back hopefully next week some time but untill then I can't push a update for this editor I do have a updated version on the pc that works for alpha 4 which should work for 5 to . But unfortantly I never pushed it to GitHub :(..

I'll try my hardest to do it asap.

Be easier if you used dropbox or mediafire, no need to wait for anything or anyone to ok your mod. :)

weeee12100

I'm having a little trouble with this, do I select the folder that holds "saves, worlds, and config" or the one that has "mods" and all the other stuff. Also I have to change it from Rimworld to all files to select the rwm files even then it doesn't work when I select it. Please make a video tutorial on youtube.

MoparGamer

Quote from: weeee12100 on August 25, 2014, 04:24:13 PM
I'm having a little trouble with this, do I select the folder that holds "saves, worlds, and config" or the one that has "mods" and all the other stuff. Also I have to change it from Rimworld to all files to select the rwm files even then it doesn't work when I select it. Please make a video tutorial on youtube.

I'm pretty sure this is an outdated tool (It says alpha 3 in the title, the current version is alpha 6), Neurotoxin has a save editor here: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5346.0

The pre-release versions of it are buggy, so I'd recommend avoiding them unless you need to edit traits & back-stories.