Floods and Tides

Started by tylers2001, October 07, 2015, 01:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylers2001

A simple mod that ads changing water levels and floods. Later on in mod development hydro electric dams can be built which can span a river (also can be used as a bridge and a bridge can obviously be built instead of a resource intensive dam). The floods and tides will be dependent on rain and whether or not it is a river or an ocean. They will both do the same thing the floods and tides will damage buildings apart from plasteel. (floods should also do much more damage) Finally the tides can be stopped by levees.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

Jaxxa

Quote from: tylers2001 on October 07, 2015, 01:10:49 PM
simple mod

QuoteYou Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means.

This mod does not sound like a simple mod to make.

Loki88

I think flash floods were a thing ages ago in a mod... maybe Tech Tree Minami? I can't remember :(

Edit: All I can find in my old RimWorld files is a TTM Patch for Custom Events which I believe is what I'm thinking of. That's back to version 584 though which I believe was an A7 release.

tylers2001

Jaxxa when I say simple mod I mean simple for someone to understand i'm sure no mod unless it is just a retexture is easy to make unless you of course of a lot of time put into modding.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

NuclearStudent

Quote from: tylers2001 on October 25, 2015, 12:20:39 PM
Jaxxa when I say simple mod I mean simple for someone to understand i'm sure no mod unless it is just a retexture is easy to make unless you of course of a lot of time put into modding.

Naw, some mods are easy to make. I banged out a couple of convenience mods for myself with no prior experience in a couple days. Adding medicine, or food, or ordinary weapons is simple.

Anything involving terrain, or changing pawn behavior, or complex production chains is a bitch.

Toggle

Quote from: NuclearStudent on October 27, 2015, 02:59:58 AM
Quote from: tylers2001 on October 25, 2015, 12:20:39 PM

Naw, some mods are easy to make. I banged out a couple of convenience mods for myself with no prior experience in a couple days. Adding medicine, or food, or ordinary weapons is simple.

Yeah pretty much. New items, depending on what changes for them, are generally very easy. Like I said though, it depends a lot on what you change. You might be able to make a new gun that shoots a new kind of bullet no other gun does very quickly, but adding ammo that sets people on fire is more difficult (I don't actually know how difficult as I haven't bothered to try but it's not a 5 minute thing).
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.