[TOOL] Rimifier (Basic, Raiders, Colonist, Skills, Traits, Cloning)

Started by DoomerDGR8, January 16, 2014, 07:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

why1do

DoomerDGR8

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 19, 2014, 02:43:02 PM
Everytime I start the Exe the computer loads for a little bit but nothing happens, I assume this means I don't have the required version of .NET?
(even though I have about 40 frigin versions installed, fuck you steam, fuck you)

Quote from: why1do on January 19, 2014, 03:17:44 PM
do you have the dependents in the file with the exe

Quote from: why1do on January 19, 2014, 05:34:28 PM
go to
https://rimifier.codeplex.com/releases
get Rimifier Dependants
place at exe and config

Yes. Decide a folder for Rimifier, say D:\Rimifier\

Then, for once only, get the dependents: Rimifier Dependants and extract the files to D:\Rimifier\

Then, get the latest release (v1.0.1.5 at the time of writing this) and put/extract the Rimifier.exe and Rimifier.exe.confg in the same decided folder: D:\Rimifier\

I have the documentation up as well: Rimifier Documentation

CodyRex123

Quote from: DoomerDGR8 on January 20, 2014, 03:23:09 AM
Quote from: Plasmatic on January 19, 2014, 02:43:02 PM
Everytime I start the Exe the computer loads for a little bit but nothing happens, I assume this means I don't have the required version of .NET?
(even though I have about 40 frigin versions installed, fuck you steam, fuck you)

Quote from: why1do on January 19, 2014, 03:17:44 PM
do you have the dependents in the file with the exe

Quote from: why1do on January 19, 2014, 05:34:28 PM
go to
https://rimifier.codeplex.com/releases
get Rimifier Dependants
place at exe and config

Yes. Decide a folder for Rimifier, say D:\Rimifier\

Then, for once only, get the dependents: Rimifier Dependants and extract the files to D:\Rimifier\

Then, get the latest release (v1.0.1.5 at the time of writing this) and put/extract the Rimifier.exe and Rimifier.exe.confg in the same decided folder: D:\Rimifier\

I have the documentation up as well: Rimifier Documentation

I have done litterly everything, yet i still cant get it running, restarted my pc get the dependence, is it the order the files are in?
Dragons!

DoomerDGR8

Quote from: CodyRex123 on January 20, 2014, 07:25:13 AM
I have done litterly everything, yet i still cant get it running, restarted my pc get the dependence, is it the order the files are in?

It's quite simple. Your folder of Rimifier should match the one shown in the screenshot in the documentation

Heck I just released a newer build v1.0.1.6 and forgot the Rimifier.exe.config file. It still works. tested on three unsuspecting co-worker PCs and one laptop.

You don't need the full .Net framework either. Just the small-sized client profile will work download this: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer)

Plasmatic

Working, now Yay!

Although I found what I think might be a bug..

When you try to give your colonists equipment from having empty hands (as in never having carried a weapon) it does not work, I assume so because the entry in he save file does not exist yet, it gets written first when the colonists picks up a weapon (the the editor works flawlessly aswell)

Same thing with the Gender line. You can't edit the gender unless it's female as males simply don't have a <Sex> line in the savefile.

DoomerDGR8

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 22, 2014, 01:06:43 PM
Working, now Yay!

When you try to give your colonists equipment from having empty hands (as in never having carried a weapon) it does not work, I assume so because the entry in he save file does not exist yet, it gets written first when the colonists picks up a weapon (the the editor works flawlessly aswell)

Same thing with the Gender line. You can't edit the gender unless it's female as males simply don't have a <Sex> line in the savefile.
Excellent! Th weapons is a bug. I never intended to edit sex. In game, if there is null or no <sex>, it's a male else Female.

DoomerDGR8

Fixed in v1.0.1.7

Plasmatic

Quote from: DoomerDGR8 on January 23, 2014, 01:56:50 AM
Working, now Yay!

Excellent! Th weapons is a bug. I never intended to edit sex. In game, if there is null or no <sex>, it's a male else Female.

ah Ok, I missunderstood the purpose of having that entry in the editor then, no problem, sex is easy enough to edit in the save file manually :)

One feature I miss in this editor that the others have is to remove the slag and debris from the map. though I have no idea how to do that. Always end up having 50 dump areas clogged up with slag and debris :P

CodyRex123

its says out of memory just as it finshes loading, helps?
Dragons!

Tommygunner70

Just tried the Editor. the latest version doesn't detect my colonists properly.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Tommygunner70 on January 27, 2014, 09:30:49 PM
Just tried the Editor. the latest version doesn't detect my colonists properly.

Don't think this is updated for Rimworld v334 yet.

Tommygunner70

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 27, 2014, 09:44:36 PM
Don't think this is updated for Rimworld v334 yet.

so I figured, just thought I'd mention it for the developer of this kick ass editor

DoomerDGR8

Don't worry guys... I've started working on the update... and since the game itself was major-hauled, the editor too cannot be that simple anymore. I was delayed because I can't friggin' shtaap playin'!

Gavinhawk

Quote from: DoomerDGR8 on January 29, 2014, 01:59:04 AM
Don't worry guys... I've started working on the update... and since the game itself was major-hauled, the editor too cannot be that simple anymore. I was delayed because I can't friggin' shtaap playin'!

Looking forward to messing with the updated editor  ;)

DoomerDGR8

Released an updated version v1.0.2.0 @ https://rimifier.codeplex.com/releases

Currently, on the Zone Manager is working but I'm back in full swing and updating the Colonist Manager as we speak.

Everything has changed and please do report me my frack-ups as there will be many.