Alternate food sources

Started by Dejix, October 08, 2013, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dejix

In all the media that I've seen on the game there seems to be only one or two source for food such as nutrient past or crops. I'm hoping that there are plans to alleviate the misery associated with our little hero only eating such glop an rabbit food. There are creatures in the game and some have to edible right? Aside from possibly animal husbandry as mentioned in another post perhaps hunting can be  an option. Not only would it supply tasty meats but any number of other components usable by a savvy planetary survivalist. Things like hides for tanning and clothing production. Just a thought.

AspenShadow

Quote from: Dejix on October 08, 2013, 01:58:22 PM
In all the media that I've seen on the game there seems to be only one or two source for food such as nutrient past or crops. I'm hoping that there are plans to alleviate the misery associated with our little hero only eating such glop an rabbit food. There are creatures in the game and some have to edible right? Aside from possibly animal husbandry as mentioned in another post perhaps hunting can be  an option. Not only would it supply tasty meats but any number of other components usable by a savvy planetary survivalist. Things like hides for tanning and clothing production. Just a thought.

This debate is going on mostly scattered across various threads, but yes mostly in Animal Husbandry, the plan is as far as I'm aware to include Muffalo hunting and being able to take meat from creatures bigger than squirrels and less explosive than boomrats.

CommieKazie

Pretty sure that falls into the 'planned but not implemented â€" pre-alpha' line of thought.  I saw a youtuber mention characters get debuffs for nutrient paste, but they hadn't run into any other options.  Indicating that other options will exist, but don't exist yet.

I'm sure there'll be a lot of plant and animal species to complement the game.