[Idea] Colony-wide Ammo

Started by DNK, October 11, 2015, 08:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DNK

You can buy/loot/make ammo for different weapon classes (arrows, bullets, batteries, etc).
A script checks how much of X ammo type you have in your stockpiles regularly.
If a colonist tries to fire a weapon, another script checks if you have any of the relevant ammo type first.
If yes: fire, random ammo stockpile -1.
If no: cannot fire.
The end.

This sounds simple enough to me, and it adds a bit of realism/difficulty/management to the game.

Toggle

I think the fact it would just mysteriously somehow minus the ammo from a random stockpile kind of removes any realism added.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Shinzy

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on October 11, 2015, 01:07:15 PM
I think the fact it would just mysteriously somehow minus the ammo from a random stockpile kind of removes any realism added.

it would add tons to the survival aspect of the game though!
and you wouldn't have to fiddle with the colonist ai with automatically reloading their weapons/keeping spare mags in their pockets/ having to abandon positions and retreat midfight to loot your ammo stockpiles!
(though now that I think about it, that mmight make firefights way more fun)

DNK

Yeah, the idea with that is to minimalize micromanaging ammo supplies on every colonist, which would get to be quite excessive with 15+ colonists each with different weapons.

If you want pure realism, you can join the Army. They're always accepting new players.

Toggle

But then you're just going halfway with it. It really makes it much less real to have the ammo teleport to the guns. It just wouldn't be implemented well. Combat Realism has reloads, so you don't have physical ammo, but you do have say 8 bullets in a clip, gotta reload when fired them all.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Facepunch

Quote from: DNK on October 11, 2015, 02:53:47 PM
Yeah, the idea with that is to minimalize micromanaging ammo supplies on every colonist, which would get to be quite excessive with 15+ colonists each with different weapons.

If you want pure realism, you can join the Army. They're always accepting new players.
According to the military, you need a diploma to kill people. If you don't have a diploma, they aren't gunna even look at you.