[Mod Request] full mountain map

Started by Sheyka, October 12, 2015, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheyka

hello there
i hope it will be easy to make this mod
i just want a full mountain map with a few geo-holes in the near of the startlocation

or anybody have allready this mod?

would be very nice because i love to build in mountains <3
Sorry for bad english <3

Toggle

Unfortunately, maps are randomly generated, and I'm not sure on how about you would do this or if it would be possible without major coding. It wouldn't be easy, for sure. Very unlikely to happen, sorry mate.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Britnoth

Quote from: Sheyka on October 12, 2015, 03:17:05 AM
i just want a full mountain map with a few geo-holes in the near of the startlocation

Not that difficult per se, but making literally the entire map mountain would pretty much break everything else in the game.

If it is 100%, where will the colonists land?
How will raiders or visitors enter the map?
Where will cargo pods, escape capsules etc land?

I suspect such a map is not what you want anyway, considering there will be NO food on it until you research hydroponics and mine out enough steel. resulting in everyone starving to death.

Limdood

just use dev mode.

There's a button to fill in a 21x21 area with rock.  You can also "place near object - steam geyser"

That should let you modify any map to what you want with about 10 minutes work at the beginning of a map.  be careful though, the 21x21 rock will replace minerals if you accidentally cover it up when placing it.

Britnoth

This sets any map classed as mountainous with being almost entirely composed of rock.

It may spawn colonists in undiscovered areas. Either restart, or try to get the area visible by mining their surroundings or using a devtool such as the 5000 damage to blow away a chunk of rock.

Also removed animals starting on maps, as a 10x10 area with 40 animals in it is a little cramped. :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Sheyka

this ... is ......... totaly .... AWESOME
thank you very much dude ... i just start ja map to look ... and i love it ... realy thank you <3333
Sorry for bad english <3

Illusion Distort

I've thought about this for quite some time. Thanks for  bringing it up. :)

"Diggy Diggy hole..."

WintericeUK

At last I can do my cave-world colony! Thankies!

Chaotic Skies

Quote from: Britnoth on November 16, 2015, 09:29:46 PM
This sets any map classed as mountainous with being almost entirely composed of rock.

It may spawn colonists in undiscovered areas. Either restart, or try to get the area visible by mining their surroundings or using a devtool such as the 5000 damage to blow away a chunk of rock.

Also removed animals starting on maps, as a 10x10 area with 40 animals in it is a little cramped. :)

This, with prepare carefully, and a few other things...mmm tasty tasty caveworlds!

Also, mod with the entire world is just a new biome - cave, where everything has a thich mountain cover, except for a ring at your starting position, where there is sky access...I need to figure out how to mod this game. But sadly, homework is more important ;)
Farewell and Thanks for the Fish.