Stockpile - colonists store stuff like they dont care

Started by Geroj, October 14, 2015, 10:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geroj

Is it supposed to happen? Or I am missing something? I can store 75 iron ore on one square (or at least I think 75 is max), yet everybody store it like blind, 4 iron ore on one square, 22 on another, 4 something on another aaaand I am out of place
Is there some button to rearrange stockpile or I am missing some logic behind it like different material stats/colonist who made it/some personal stats?? This bother me from beginning of rimworld

TheGrover

I think it should work like that for general pawns. The cook dropping off a new meal in the freezer for example, but haulers should certainly keep stocks organised, and when there's no more hauling to be done, they should defragment the stockpiles messed up by cooks rushing around.

On a similar note, have bins/shelves been suggested before? And as an extension of them, wheelbarrows? It seems crude to just leave stuff on the floor, a purpose built shelving system to increase stockpile density wouldn't be a cry too far would it?

cultist

If you are moving items between stockpiles (i.e. they have different priority settings), colonists will not gather up resources the way they do when resources are not in a stockpile. They just take a single pile and move them one at a time. It's rather annoying.