Making furniture "uninstallable"

Started by RiiNagaja, October 13, 2015, 01:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiiNagaja

Hello, so I normally soft-mod all my games which allow so, to better fit my idea of fun, and I have bent rimworld quite a bit so far with introducing some new armors, weapons and corresponding crafting tables to my game.(most extensive was probably the re-introduction of Warhammer 40k weapons which were still locked away in projectArmory300 for 12d due to incompatibility)
So I can read most of the logical structure in the mod files and tune them, however I have not found a solution to the following problem.
Since ultimate overhaul went down recently, I had to switch to the harcore sk modpack instead. I like what I see there so far (some minor balancing issues I can address), but it bugs me that the formerly mobile heater bodies are now fixed objects. In the ultimate overhaul you could just uninstall and install them like beds and other furniture.(I guess that is also why they had a crafting quality rating in that modpack: they were furniture in type)
I fail to understand how to introduce that change. If I still had the ultimate overhaul files, I could probably just cross-compare to find the answer quickly, but those are lost.
Looking up just the normal furniture in SK doesn't really give me an obvious answer, like a simple tagging.
( unless it is the following:
<placeWorkers>
<li>PlaceWorker_ShowFacilitiesConnections</li>
</placeWorkers>

...the only common factor, but so enigmatically named, that I doubt it. Hmm, 50-50 maybe.)

AHare

Add <minifiedDef>MinifiedFurniture</minifiedDef> to any items you want uninstallable.

RiiNagaja

Thank you. Now I see - this tag was in the base definition of all the furniture, so that is why I never spotted anything suspicious. :o