[idea/mod request] Dismemberment >:3

Started by xDahaka2012x, October 13, 2015, 02:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xDahaka2012x

In DF there's a possibility for parts of the body to be cut off of the body and either remain on the floor or fly some blocks away and then remain there. The point is: why can't I see the raiders' arms being torn off by my mighty colonists? (and vice versa, I'm a cruel man)

Facepunch

If you lose an arm to a .50, youre not going to be able to use it. Its going to be little more than fish bait.
Same with organs, if you take a .303 or something to the liver, itll bleed too much to be useful. And limbs with dozens of rounds in them arent too handy.
I see where youre coming from, though.

xDahaka2012x

Naturally, not all of them would be re-usable. It would be a bit of a cheat. And it would deprive me from harvesting organs and limbs from my prisoners which is no fun :D
But, seriously, is it possible? And will someone take this idea?

Zargul

I like this idea, it simply makes more sense than vanishing bodyparts.

Brigadon

Well, it would mean that occasionally an accident can allow you to 'reattach' a severed body part.

Facepunch

If you dont have an issue with realism, then it's a good idea. We just need a modder to do it, now. Perhaps when x limb is destroyed, it has y chance of appearing within z blocks.

xDahaka2012x

Well, to balance it out, I came up with this idea - when the body part suffers damage, it would have the damage applied and then, if the dmg is high enough (like, 50% or more in 1 hit), there will be a chance that the whole body part could get ripped off. If the body part didn't get destroyed after getting damaged, it would be left behind as a damaged (scarred) but still reusable body part. If it didn't survive the hit - then it would turn into a (useless?) chunk of meat.
How do you, guys, like it?