Your Favourite Back Stories

Started by Loki88, October 18, 2015, 01:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

Just making a thread to gain some insight in to everyone's favourite back stories in the game thus far. Maybe give a top three or top five if you love em that much!

#1 Herbalist: Usually my V.I.P. colonists if and when they come up. Medical plus growing is very useful as a back line colonist. Patches everybody up once the shooting stops and keeps the food coming in while everyone heals up.

#2 Housemate: Just a good all-rounder to have as a core labourer.

#3 Foundry Apprentice: Makes for a good crafter etc...

Looking forward to hearing peoples' thoughts and expanding my own knowledge base of useful back stories and good applications of them! ;D

Cheers!

Selonianth

... Those aren't personality traits, they're histories.

Herbalist and hunter are my two favorite histories.

Psychopath is all time favorite trait though, "I don't care what happens as long as it doesn't screw me specifically." Yes please. I can finally kill off useless/unrecruitable/dying people in a profitable way without everyone getting irritable!

BetaSpectre

I like runner the most, because I love chasing down my inferiors.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Loki88

Quote from: Selonianth on October 18, 2015, 03:06:08 AM
... Those aren't personality traits, they're histories.

Derp :( I wrote that right before passing out ( that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! )

Spectre

Hmm...

Backgrounds my top 3 would be:

Mindwipe Assassin
Unstable Butcher
Acolyte of the Stars (I think it's called)

Traits would be Jogger and Bloodlust.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Shadou

I like Emmie (Vatgrown Slavegirl/Urbworld Sex Slave).

... Don't give me that look. She's a fantastic cook, usually. And if she can get some Medicine skill or somehow practice medicine, she's a doctor that's never going to get involved in combat. On top of that, her high social skill is great for recruiting prisoners.

I had an Emmie generate with Too Smart and Nudist. Let her wander around naked and she's happy as a bucket of clams, so the Too Smart drawback never really came into play. By the time the colonists left the planet, she had 20 in Medicine, Social, and Cooking.

Spectre

Quote from: Shadou on October 18, 2015, 04:28:30 PM

... Don't give me that look. She's a fantastic cook, usually. And if she can get some Medicine skill or somehow practice medicine, she's a doctor that's never going to get involved in combat. On top of that, her high social skill is great for recruiting prisoners.

I had an Emmie generate with Too Smart and Nudist. Let her wander around naked and she's happy as a bucket of clams, so the Too Smart drawback never really came into play. By the time the colonists left the planet, she had 20 in Medicine, Social, and Cooking.

We know what you mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Loki88

Quote from: Spectre on October 18, 2015, 05:33:12 PM
Quote from: Shadou on October 18, 2015, 04:28:30 PM

We know what you mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ

BetaSpectre

non-violent Commisars or Blood Lust Glitterworld'ers are always fun.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Sworded5

My favorite history is Gnomeologist

REMworlder

The acolyte and the core-world jewler both have great stats that are hard to find elsewhere. I get a kick out of the wine kingpin/godfather character, but can't remember the name.