Power issues, getting name in game character in the game.

Started by facc00, October 19, 2015, 05:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

facc00

Alright so I dont have much for power in use.  Two sun lamps stoves, a few 10 lamps.  Two turrets.  Everything else is off.  (doors are not auto doors)  I got 10 batterys, 2 solar panels, 3 steam power plants and I still cant keep the lights on.  Oh 1 medical bed and a vital machine, the second is offline as neither are in use.  I click on conduit to ensure the lines are running and they are.  Whats my issue here.

Innese

Running any mods?

Also, sun lamps draw a -large- amount of power, so, without doing any math, that would be my first guess as to the problem

REMworlder

Three geothermals all hooked up should provide almost 11,000 watts of power. I'd make sure all 3 are hooked up? Even ignoring some things like solar panels and medical terminals there should be a big surplus.

facc00

Quote from: Innese on October 19, 2015, 06:28:49 PM
Running any mods?

Also, sun lamps draw a -large- amount of power, so, without doing any math, that would be my first guess as to the problem

Well there is only two of them.  So 1 geotherm should cover both.

facc00

Quote from: REMworlder on October 19, 2015, 06:36:25 PM
Three geothermals all hooked up should provide almost 11,000 watts of power. I'd make sure all 3 are hooked up? Even ignoring some things like solar panels and medical terminals there should be a big surplus.

Is thewre a way to see that fancy spreadsheet in game?  I am positive that they are all hooked up and online.  Is there a screenshot option.  I am use to steams F12.

REMworlder

Sorry, that's not in game. That's an Excel spreadsheet, which I happened to have up. Would be a cool feature though!

To screenshot, try F10. It'll save in a screenshots folder somewhere around C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld

facc00

Quote from: REMworlder on October 19, 2015, 07:03:59 PM
Sorry, that's not in game. I just happened to have Excel up.

To screenshot, try F10. It'll save in a screenshots folder somewhere around C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld

I see well looking closer my third generator was not hooked up the conduit right next to it was missing.  I just built it.  So I need to see now if that's the cause to it or not.  Can I hook a generator line to a generator then to the facility?  Does conduit cost power just for being ran? 

Looking at your sheet if I had two up it would had given me a supply
just over 7k however there other things that nickle and dime it up IE hospital vital machine, coms, so I guess this stuff just adds up.  Ill have to pay more attention!  This game is awesome I am on a 4 day binge of playing it.  I stopped right after beer was introduced!

Do you know how I can get my character with my name in game?  I am approved
Products:               RimWorld - Name in Game x 1
Congratulations, your creation has been accepted by the RimWorld team and will be included in the game! Thanks for your support!

But I cant seem to get it in game.

*No mods yet :)

facc00

I guess its the 20 food basins in my man cave, lol 70 power each will do it.

NuclearStudent

Your character will get in game when the next Alpha version is released, which will, unfortunately, be a couple of months from now.

If you provide your name and desired backstory, I might be able to make a mod to put that in for you. No guarantees.

facc00

Well they approved my character in February there have been alpha versions between then and now.  Or is the next one to include all the name in games?  Also thanks for the possible mod!  :)