(Mod request) spotlight fixture and darkness mod update

Started by killer117, October 15, 2015, 07:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killer117

I was looking recently at the darkness mod, and it looks really cool. I find it terrifying to attacked by wargs in that dark. But i i need u to update it pls. Id love to use it but i cant till u update it. Pls do.

And also, if someone, just as a defence to this mod, could make a small spotlight mod that lets u place spotlights in order to see better. I saw ones in a turret collection but i just wanna get the one thing, not loads of stuff, and i would love to see it as more of a permanant fixture rather than a turret.

Sorry if i sound nagging, just i love to mess with this and i cant wait till this sorta this comes out, and the mods updated.
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

A Friend

The darkness mod still works perfectly with A12. Though I wish fire actually produces light.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Loki88

Quote from: A Friend on October 15, 2015, 07:48:27 AM
I wish fire actually produces light.

That would be awesome! Except my computer would probably melt trying to figure out the glower grid :P

skullywag

Eh a glowsize based on fire size wouldnt be that processor heavy, you have to lock it to a few values....but doable...if you can get at fire in the code....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Loki88

wouldn't it be individually rendered per instance of fire though? I'm thinking of when something like a flash storm happens and starts a ton of fires in a short span of time. I'm only saying all this because from experience with 20ish emergency campfires during a solar flare with it being -95C out caused things to bog down a fair bit.

I could be misunderstanding how this all works, or my computer could just be that crappy though...