[A14] Silage: A meal for your animals! V1.2 (12/8/2016)

Started by Loki88, October 15, 2015, 12:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaaance

Holy OP ManBat! Dial it down a little.
Should cost more. It is unrottable food after all.
Sweet spot of balanceiness.
A little to expensive for my tastes.
WAY too expensive! I'll keep a hay pile in the fridge!

Loki88

Changing the nutrition was a random stab at getting the animals to eat the silage more often. Even though it didn't work, people seem to feel it's more balanced now. I'm just glad people are using it and enjoying it :)

Thank you for your feedback and testing TLHeart ;D

Brigadon

OUTSTANDING!

Thank you very much, this is more or less exactly what I was looking for.

Loki88

Quote from: Brigadon on October 24, 2015, 11:10:57 PM
OUTSTANDING!

Thank you very much, this is more or less exactly what I was looking for.

You're very welcome! I'm glad you like it ;D

lude

I dunno about balancing, but keeping livestock alive is yet imho pretty hard, at least in considerable amounts.
Beside that, ideal silage will improve the nutritional value of the food as well as make it more easily digestible by the livestock, increasing net energy gain from it, tho with cows that advantage won't be too great since they got so many stomachs already.

So i really love this mod, what I'd personally like to see is a "silage plant" eh, something more akin to reality.

A rather large, usually rectangular area filled with the silage, covered by rainproof stuff and fastened with heavy stuff, ranging from old tires over stones to old machinery or whatnot.

Tho the way it is it's already great.

Grimandevil

move it to Raw Resources category i'd say (along with Hay).
other than that, its a handy addition.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Loki88

Quote from: lude on February 01, 2016, 01:03:59 PM
I dunno about balancing, but keeping livestock alive is yet imho pretty hard, at least in considerable amounts.
Beside that, ideal silage will improve the nutritional value of the food as well as make it more easily digestible by the livestock, increasing net energy gain from it, tho with cows that advantage won't be too great since they got so many stomachs already.

So i really love this mod, what I'd personally like to see is a "silage plant" eh, something more akin to reality.

A rather large, usually rectangular area filled with the silage, covered by rainproof stuff and fastened with heavy stuff, ranging from old tires over stones to old machinery or whatnot.

Tho the way it is it's already great.

Only problem with that is my artwork = crap. That's why I just recycle vanilla art assets ( hence using the brewery instead of making it's own building, also keeps the mod light weight) I want to add things in like silage that I find to be very useful so others can use it with out showcasing my crappy artwork ( I've discovered people are more likely to enjoy recycled vanilla stuff over my own :P )

I'm happy as long as people enjoy using it.

Loki88

Quote from: Grimandevil on February 02, 2016, 02:02:24 PM
move it to Raw Resources category i'd say (along with Hay).
other than that, its a handy addition.

I put it in Raw food for some reason but I can't remember what it was... Maybe to change how the AI handles it but I'm not even sure any more.

Faythe

I use a mod that moves the hay as a resource instead of a food and it seems to work well.  The reasoning for that mod was that having a lot of hay as a food would through your meal counter off or some such, so that you wouldn't get the low food warnings if you had a lot of hay.

Grimandevil

i use 'hay fix' myself, and edited Silage the same way, nothing bad happened -_-
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

lude

I'm for a speet spot of balance, thinking of "you put 80 in, you get 80 out" and a nutrition bonus based on the amount of work that goes into it (if 200 work is done to get 40 nutrition and another 200 has to be done nutrition should increase, the question is just if the non spoilage should cost extra, in reality it can cost extra if you add certain bacteria because you don't believe an ideal bacterial environment will come to fruition on it's own or if it has a collected nutritional value of x for y work the y should be included, i had two people in my last colony making nonstop silage and production oscillated between having one stack and half a dozen

Epson

I will say that when you have a poll and one option is makes people laugh out loud (Holy OP ManBat! Dial it down a little) it might skew the results a bit. I had to resist clicking it.

Loki88

Quote from: Epson on May 02, 2016, 05:56:33 AM
I will say that when you have a poll and one option is makes people laugh out loud (Holy OP ManBat! Dial it down a little) it might skew the results a bit. I had to resist clicking it.

Last poll.had "squirrel!" as an option... it won.

Loki88

Since the advent of kibble this mod feels a bit redundant, does anybody actually want it updated to a13?

Sekmeth

@Loki88 Don't know if you still work on this mod, but I would love to have it in A14. I even forgot it wasnt vanilla, and was scratching my brains out trying to find it in vanilla when I got A14 :P Kibble is fine and all, but I like having the Silage. Also gives you some options, i.e. Kibble for your trained animals and Silage for your livestock? :)

Sarelth

I would love to see this for A14 as I tend to make free range fields for my livestock. And Muffalo eating Kibble seems off to me.