How's the Animal army going?

Started by Listy, October 16, 2015, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listy

So with the long development pause, this seems like the perfect time to try out an animal army. On my main game I've slowly been building up a Rhino force.
But has anyone else tried out the Animal horde yet? How did it go?

Loki88

Elephants... 7 of them got frag grenaded to death. And shot also, but the grenade in going off in the middle of the group was the deciding blow...

Mr.Cross

I haven't gotten far sadly, Burned out it seems. But I am coming around again, However, wouldn't it be easier to raise a army of chickens? From what it seems it's easier for them to gain a large animal army from them? Or am I Horribly wrong?
Claims to know most things.

grizzlymint_gpt

TLHeart

Quote from: grizzlymint_gpt on October 16, 2015, 05:56:29 PM
You can't train chickens.

can't train them, but you can restrict them to a zone in the path of the enemy... and the enemy will stop to attack the chickens, and the chickens will fight back, and incapacitate many of the enemy.

Loki88

Quote from: TLHeart on October 16, 2015, 06:02:43 PM
Quote from: grizzlymint_gpt on October 16, 2015, 05:56:29 PM
You can't train chickens.
can't train them, but you can restrict them to a zone in the path of the enemy... and the enemy will stop to attack the chickens, and the chickens will fight back, and incapacitate many of the enemy.

Chicken shield!

ssdg

squirrel is better than chicken as random shield.

You have to watch out for things like frag grenade. You must micro and watch your animals very close, I find most of my animals injure are actually from friendly fire after they gang up on the enemies. Buy huskies and retrievers, they are easy to train and breed rather fast. You will want multiple colonist with high animal skill and someone dedicated to cleaning, having a bunch of dogs running around will get your base really dirty really fast.

Snipers work really well with animal army. They can pick out things that are too dangerous for your animal army to handle.

zlongshark

I keep all my valuable animals inside when there is a threat. I use attack dogs like huskies because their wildness is low so they're easy to train. They seem to take a lot of the fire so i guess they serve their purpose.
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"

xlockeed

Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

A Friend

Quote from: xlockeed on October 18, 2015, 05:11:32 AM
Blitzkriegsler and his Chicken army.
https://youtu.be/Xj50r8mbJe0?t=991
BUT CAN THE CHICKEN SWARM BEAT THE TRIBAL HORDE?

(Gonna test it out in dev mode.)
(Edit: Tried it, holy crap... will post pics on a seperate thread.)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

TLHeart

gives a whole new visual meaning to being hen pecked.

Zeta Omega

1. Hares (gave up on that)
2. Boars (gave up on that)
3. Chickens (needed some cash)
4 Elephants (Currently 4)

Dartonian

Quote from: A Friend on October 18, 2015, 05:42:20 AM

Link the thread please?

Loki88

Quote from: Dartonian on October 18, 2015, 09:14:49 PM
Quote from: A Friend on October 18, 2015, 05:42:20 AM

Link the thread please?

it's under the stories section https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16578.0

Listy

Quote from: Zeta Omega on October 18, 2015, 08:23:33 PM
1. Hares (gave up on that)
2. Boars (gave up on that)
3. Chickens (needed some cash)
4 Elephants (Currently 4)

Currently at about 19 Rhino's. This will be Glorious!

The big trouble I'm having is sort of wondering what is the critical mass, where I can start moving Rhinos from breeding to Charging.