First person mode?

Started by ShadowWolf2289, October 16, 2015, 03:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowWolf2289

So I was playing watching one of my people hunt and thought. it would be cool if you could go to first person and watch them shoot or even take control of them and shoot for yourself. would be great for hunting and would be epic when there are raids and you take control of one of your people to help fend them off. Might be to far off the beaten path of the game but I just thought that would be a cool idea. What is your guys thoughts on it?

CrazyEyes

It would be cool, but it would require such a massive overhaul of the game engine that it will almost certainly never happen.
Before you talk to me, I should warn you: I am kind of strange.

LouisTBR

Would be a fun addition to the game, but it would certainly take ages to remodel all of the items in the game to be compatible with a completely different view mode. Fun = Yes - Possible = No
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Toggle

Yeah, interesting, but no way ever. It would be a massive, completely massive update, it would be completely off base from the entire rest of the game, and just really not fit.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Alitaria

I'll admit it would be freaking amazing to watch fire fights from the PoV of my colonists. But I think it would not work for a few reasons.
The biggest being: EFFORT
That would require a lot of work and a complete rework of the game to even remotely function.
I also think it would just be a distraction as it would be difficult to micromanage 20+ fighters from first person. Especially if its a spread out fight.
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public