Remove Turrets

Started by Menuhin, September 07, 2015, 05:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selonianth

Personally I just started playing this newest update and I can say that personally removing turrets would just *suck*. Especially since, as others have previously noted, tribals love to just charge headon into them, damage them till they blow up and move on.

Sure, maybe they might not be so massive of raids if I don't have the turrets, and instead just change how I have my place set up to cause traps to be more relevant but removing turrets just because more experienced players don't like to use them, or because they weren't originally going to be a thing, is just bad logic.

Remove turrets you force people to micromanage a totally different kind of killbox, like the one that's been mentioned three or so times now, including pictures. If killboxes are a problem... oh well? I don't see how you can remove killboxes from being useful/necessary anyway.

Then we get to how little shooting skill seems to actually help. Oh my 16 shooting hunter will rarely hit a friendly while taking shots at an enemy but he's also pretty damn likely to miss people while using a sniper rifle while he's aiming at them.

Drahkon

Have to agree with that bit there, melee and shooting skills need a solid buff.

xlockeed

Quote from: Drahkon on October 17, 2015, 11:37:59 PM
Have to agree with that bit there, melee and shooting skills need a solid buff.

Shooting seems to have no real skill. Just check out the pirate raiders that have brawlers with sniper rifles one shooting your pro shooters. There really needs to be some sort of skill check in place besides what seems to be a RNG roll plus skill. I've found trigger happy and fast shooting guns are now the way to go. Back on topic though.

No to turret removal, there sort of useless now that the AI remembers where they are. So I'm currently playing a map with no turrets or boxes. You know how I cheese raids? Shielded pawns and heavy cover. Any raiders with a blast type gun / fire is taken down before they get in range. And if the decoy loses their shield I have two others that pop into the heavy cover slot and confuse the AI.

The trick is that the shielded decoy has to be the closest target to the enemy. Only big problem are the rocket guys which are simple to lure close and snipe down.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

quxzcover

Repost this with a poll asking either:

No turrets

Keep turrets

What are turrets?

JimmyAgnt007

Keep but change turrets should be an option in any poll.

quxzcover

Quote from: quxzcover on October 21, 2015, 12:10:23 AM
Repost this with a poll asking either:

No turrets

Keep turrets

What are turrets?
Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on October 21, 2015, 10:22:26 AM
Keep but change turrets should be an option in any poll.
Agreed.