(The Great Chicken War) 800 Chickens vs. 160 Tribals

Started by A Friend, October 18, 2015, 07:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

So I fiddled around with dev mode and made 800 manhunter chickens fight 160 tribals as debris falls from the sky...

The tribal archers initially stayed in one area and showered the chickens with a wall of arrows as their melee brethren formed a 1 tile deathzone of clubs and spears, going to one chicken group to the next.

All was going well for them until an engine part spewed fire on to the group of archers. They panicked and tried to put themselves out but ran into the chicken horde where they were pecked to death.

The 1 tile deathzone of melee warriors was instantly gibbed by a falling space beam. The survivors were scattered around while trying to put out fires off themselves. The chicken horde took this chance and slaughtered dozens of them.

With casualties everywhere, the tribals retreated but many remained in the battlefield. Trapped between a swarm of beaks and a wall of fire. Each one fell down eventually and consumed by the flames...

Results: Tribals suffered about 70% casualties while the chicken swarm were cut down to about 200 chickens.

Tribals went home without a bucket of KFC.

TL;DR

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Loki88

"Man hunter chickens" made my day :P

Are the falling ship parts a vanilla event or from a mod?

A Friend

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8967.0

It's from the "Crash Landing Mod"
It makes space ship parts fall from space when you start a new colony. It drops resources, live/dead colonists, exploding artillery shells, etc. in a fiery impact. It's awesome.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

milon

Wow! These must be Hyrulian Cukoos too fight like that! :D

killer117

What other mods r u using, because ur guys seem to be wearing some interesting armour of thier own
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

A Friend

Quote from: killer117 on October 20, 2015, 03:49:38 PM
What other mods r u using, because ur guys seem to be wearing some interesting armour of thier own

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5085.0
It's from Shinzy's Apparello mod. It adds tons of clothing, armor and other things like masks to the game.

TheDirge

A Friend

Quote from: TheDirge on October 21, 2015, 12:36:19 AM
Kentucky fried Hell
I'm now imagining this as how KFC gets their chicken supply. Preferring the exotic taste of Manhunter chickens instead of the usual farm bird. In the black market, they buy out private armies of tribesmen mercenaries to hunt and capture feral chickens. Suffering massive casualties just to bring back enough poultry to make a bucket of quality KFC.

skullywag

Quote from: A Friend on October 21, 2015, 07:45:43 AM
Quote from: TheDirge on October 21, 2015, 12:36:19 AM
Kentucky fried Hell
I'm now imagining this as how KFC gets their chicken supply. Preferring the exotic taste of Manhunter chickens instead of the usual farm bird. In the black market, they buy out private armies of tribesmen mercenaries to hunt and capture feral chickens. Suffering massive casualties just to bring back enough poultry to make a bucket of quality KFC.
Totally worth it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Bruvvy