The 2 day gunfight

Started by Facepunch, October 11, 2015, 04:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facepunch

So, I played on a forested map (My first time, I always play on an ice sheet.), and I got raided by some guy with a survival rifle. So, I sent my Marksman out, who also had a survival rifle. The raider had a jacket, a shirt, and pants, my Marksman had a deerskin shirt, a deerskin duster, deerskin pants, and a deerskin cowboy hat. He was pretty badass. I ordered him to run up and take cover behind some chunks of rock, the raider took cover behind a bunch of trees. For 2 days they shot at one another, destroying trees and slaughtering any wildlife that got between them. 2 hares, a deer, and a squirrel got shot to death, and 2 or 3 trees were shot down over the course of the gunfight. Eventually, both the raider and my Marksman started to starve, but my Marksman was an optimist. The raider broke, and wandered out of cover. My marksman put one round right through his liver and destroyed it.

BetaSpectre

If I were playing I'd have the marksman stay under cover, then flank the raider with a pistol and knife. Then have everyone melee the person to become my prisoner.

Multiday fights are for mechanoids.

I'd wish that you had a video of this though it'd would have been funny to watch xD!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Facepunch

My other 2 colonists (Designated "Medic" and "Chef", after their duties) are useless in a fight. My medic cannot do anything violent, and my chef has a melee/shooting skill of 0.

Jamini

Gun users can only use their appendages (fists, prosthetic arms, bionic arms, powerclaws) to fight in close combat, and multiple hits can interrupt a melee attack if enough attackers are attacking at once.

Assuming you outnumber the shooter it's pretty easy to overwhelm a gun-user with a few melee once the gap is closed. Your colonists would get a few bruises, but nothing worse than that really.

This is why squirrels can be extremely lethal if they attack your colonists en-mass.

Facepunch

Yeah, but my Medic refuses to do anything violent, which includes melee, and my Chef is more likely to miss than to hit the target. My marksman had a shooting skill of 18, but a melee skill of 3. The raider was a brawler. Melee wasn't an option.

BetaSpectre

Skill of 18...but the fight lasted that long? Wow that RNG.
It makes it even more funny. I've had gun users with 3--->0 Guns skill they do better than that with pistols.

I'd still have gone melee, because there's a good chance of stun, I'd also take out the medic as cannon fodder to soak up a few hits.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO