Lost Articles of the Fallen Planet

Started by Orpheus Phaedru Intero, October 22, 2015, 01:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orpheus Phaedru Intero

Not quite a first-person narrative, but I like placing my persona into what I write. I hope you enjoy this writing.

filetype:emergencytransmission
fileorigin:OU798:Class:Rimworld
broadcaster:destroyed
filerecovery:09-15-5698:IH640:Class:Military Outpost:recoveredby:Ythur Grada:Defense Comms Officer
lastedit:07-06-5698 editorcode:UG852:Phaedru Intero:Colonial Marine Comms Officer

02-09-5698:transmission:internal;salvaged:starttransmission:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to colonies on planet Jyret: A new species has been reported. Species examination shows canis lupus origins. Shows numerous similarities to local fauna, locally named 'direwolf'. Fully grown male of base species (Age: 7 years) reaches 8' in length, 5' in height. The detained mutation has increased growth in the quadriceps and skeletal structure, presumably for upright movement and propulsion. Height of test creature currently 6' and 10' in length. Age approximately 3.5 years. Mutations have shown active hostility towards humans. Advising caution to all colonies:endtransmission

04-02-5698:transmission:internal;salvaged:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to all colonies on planet Jyret: Attacks on farms and towns in close proximity to major cities has increased. Unofficial hunting of these mutations has been allowed. New breed of disease has been discovered in survivors of attacked towns. Official medical examinations have been issued to severe cases of this disease. Known symptoms of disease include the expulsion of black green substance, constriction in chest cavity, massive amounts of stress around the eyes, and slackness of multiple muscles. Report spotted cases immediately:endtransmission

04-24-5698:transmission:internal;salvaged:starttransmission:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to all colonies on Jyret: massive movements of mutations have been reported. Attacks on border towns of major cities have increased in both number and strength. Calling for mass evacuation of entire population into the defenses of the major cities. The 'Fang Disease' has proved fatal, resulting in the death of over 769 colonists. Civilians will be examined for traces of the illness spreading from the attacked towns:endtransmission

05-02-5698:starttransmission:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to nearest military bases: The colony of Ithui is under attack by a species of mutations. Base species is local canis lupus, locally named direwolf. These creatures have developed upright, bipedal movement. A disease has spread through much of the population of Jyret. The disease, called 'Fang Disease', has a high fatality rate. We have no known cure. The cities are clean, but are accepting survivors from outer towns. Requesting immediate military aid to the planet OU798, locally called Jyret.:endtransmission

05-17-5698:starttransmission:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to nearest military bases: The situation reported at colony Ithui has spread across planet Jyret. Currently maintaining contact with colonies R'Turen and Yris. Communications have been lost with all other colonies. Final examination report of mutations shows enormous growth in the species quadriceps and skeletal structure allowing for upright, bipedal movement and increased propulsion. Requesting immediate backup:endtransmission

06-03-5698:starttransmission:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to nearest military bases: Communications with colonies R'Turen and Yris have been broken. Both colonies last report showed a population count of over 40,000. Command assumes the worst. Colony Ithui stands alone. Requesting immediate military response:endtransmission

06-13-5698:starttransmission:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to all channels: The main wall has been breached, the stationed forces have lost ground to the onslaught of these mutations. Continued mutation of detained creatures shows capacity of dextrous movement of frontal paws. Presently the assaulting mutts have adopted the use of handheld primal weapons. We have currently had 39 casualties, 17 fatalities, and the Fang Disease found in 72 people in the military report alone. These numbers will undoubtedly increase. Civilian report has yet to be documented. If anyone receives this message, send help:endtransmission

06-21-5698:starttransmission:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to all channels: Mutations have taken more than half of Ithui. 75% of the population has died by either the mutations or the Fang Disease. We are currently holding in the Shield. Provisions are low. For the love of all the gods, SOMEONE SEND HELP!:endtransmission

07-06-5698:starttransmission:Comms Officer Phaedru Intero to whoever's listening: The mutations swarmed the Shield two days ago. Everyone's dead. Why am I not dead? I feel something, something clawing at the back of my mind. Am I going insane? SOMEONE TELL ME... Is humanity dead? Why did no one come for us? Are we worthless to you bastards? JUST TELL ME...SOMETHING...ANYTHING!!!:endtransmission

fileend
This place is killing me. The ceilings are miles of sulfurous rock, and above a dead land with a dead sky. I don't care that I may never come back. I never want back.