Forever Volcanic Winter

Started by Brick, October 19, 2015, 11:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick

Hey all, I'm in the 77th Day of a Volcanic Winter here, how long do they last??? Its even told me its 'summer' but its still to cold to really grow anything... Am I missing something? Do I need to complete a task to end it?

koisama

QuoteA distant supervolcano has erupted and begun spewing millions of cubic kilometers of ash into the atmosphere.

Ash in the atmosphere will obscure the sun. Temperatures will drop and plants will suffer for lack of sunlight. It could pass in a few weeks, or it might last many months.

It can be anywhere from 15 to 80 days.

naptha

Coenmcj

Hopefully it shouldn't continue any longer than that 80th day, If it does though, post the save. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Kalshion

Hmmm, I have had it last longer than 80 days (in my current game, it went up to 91 days before I decided to force it to stop) if it goes beyond that then you can simply edit the save file. If you need help on that just ask :)

milon

^ Were you running any mods?  That shouldn't happen in vanilla.

Bob_Namg

Quote from: Kalshion on October 22, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Hmmm, I have had it last longer than 80 days (in my current game, it went up to 91 days before I decided to force it to stop) if it goes beyond that then you can simply edit the save file. If you need help on that just ask :)
Couldn't you use debug mode?
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

Ekarus

...I'm having fun with a Volcanic winter on my save, found a seed on the forums with a spot that's winter temperature is -139 F

I'm almost positive it's gotten /warmer/ during the Volcanic Winter.

JimmyAgnt007

Back when we were testing the toxic fallout, a bug kept it going forever and I actually had a lot of fun keeping my people in a mountain fortress desperately mining metal to make hydroponics. 

Patrykbono20

Quote from: Brick on October 19, 2015, 11:18:15 AM
Hey all, I'm in the 77th Day of a Volcanic Winter here, how long do they last??? Its even told me its 'summer' but its still to cold to really grow anything... Am I missing something? Do I need to complete a task to end it?
for futher, make a hottest "glassroom" with roof, sun lamp and hot temperature

Duban

Quote from: Kalshion on October 22, 2015, 03:28:10 PM

I had one start in February and end in September, 100% stock. It can definitely last longer than 80 days. Luckily it was an ice base and I was growing everything indoors anyways.

Limdood

Quote from: Duban on November 01, 2015, 11:16:37 AM

I had one start in February and end in September, 100% stock. It can definitely last longer than 80 days. Luckily it was an ice base and I was growing everything indoors anyways.

Months are 10 days long.  If its started Feb 1st and ended Sept. 10th....that would be 80 days.  Feb, March, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept - 8 monthsx10 days each

Scotty

oooo
i need to start playing rimworld again
iv yet to experience a volcanic winter :D

Limdood

only thing i've never experienced is an agent.  do they still happen on A12d?

Coenmcj

Might be a bit late, but no, they do not happen any more, they were deactivated shortly after they were added, for a few reasons, they are still in the game files should you wish to reactivate them however. the incident chance is just 0. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite