[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

I also have had the research not showing in 12.6 (had deleted the previous ccl folders before extracting the 12.6) went back to 12.3 (most recent download before the 12.6) after deleteing th ccl folders and all research is working, btw NO mod PACKS, but lots of mods

Fluffy (l2032)

harpo99999

I did not look at the error log, as I was more interested in continuing the game

Fluffy (l2032)

Shame. It would be very helpful for us if next time you could quickly make a copy of the output_log while you restart the game. Can't do much about these kind of bugs if we don't know whats going on!

Bongfu

I all the sudden got the same error. It is hit or miss if it works or not. It worked all day today, but then all the sudden my research tab was empty upon reloading. I tried with and without mods. Fresh install. Same error.

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ysP7jNK.png

Quote from: Scrove on February 05, 2016, 08:05:06 PM
Quote from: Tumuel on February 05, 2016, 08:02:05 AM
I am having an issue with this, nothing shows up on the research screen when I use this, is that likely to be this mod or something else?

Yep, having the same issue. Didn't notice it at first as I didn't have a research table built.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsr5j3iif2bixgb/output_log.txt?dl=0

According to that log, you have issues completely unrelated to CCL which need to be resolved first.

I suggest you do a clean install of the game (including removing the local data in your user account) and run it once before installing any mod - CCL or any others.

Clues:
Mods config data is from build 727 while we are at build 914. Resetting.
Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.ConceptDef named WorkOverview
Failed to load key/value pair: , 0

These errors are happening before CCL even begins to be resolved by the game engine and is running any code.  So, any errors arising from a bad install of RimWorld are exactly that.

Quote from: Bongfu on February 07, 2016, 06:30:01 PM
I all the sudden got the same error. It is hit or miss if it works or not. It worked all day today, but then all the sudden my research tab was empty upon reloading. I tried with and without mods. Fresh install. Same error.

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ysP7jNK.png

While playing on the weekend testing my latest changes to the library I had the same error but only while accessing the "All" tab.  The other tabs worked for me without issue.

That being said, you have issues with other mods having bad data which could be causing issues with CCL.  All those yellow warnings are indicators of other issues which need to be resolved before posting issue reports about CCL.  Make sure that no other mods are showing errors or warnings and try again.  If the problem persists, please create a github issue report and attach your output log.

Notes on Issue Reporting

What we need:

• You to use the github issues tracker.  Going forward, issue reports on the forums will be deleted.  (Either by a member of the CCL team or at the request of a forum moderator.)
  • Your full game log file found in /RimWorld[build][platform]_Data/ (not a screen shot of).  eg, RimWorld914Win_Data/output_log.txt
  • If the issue is gameplay related, as much detail as possible on how to reproduce the error and if relevant a screen shot of the problem.
  • Your save game and world file if the issue is save/load related.  Please zip the files before sending them.

Issue Tracker
github
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

MyApplejack

Any fixes known for the research box being blank?

Fluffy (l2032)

Restart the game after having opened the mod list. It's a known bug in RW, but right now CCL is hyper-sensitive to it for some reason. We're on it.

If all else fails, you can try falling back on the vanilla research tab with the instructions here;
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17548.msg191198#msg191198

harpo99999

finally got around to a very quick test of the ccl version research window errors. attached is a zip containing the log from the game with 12.3 loading the save game and then opening the research window then exitied game to os, and from deleting the 12.3 extracting the 12.6ccl,then running the game, then loading the same save game opening the research window, then exit game to os, note the errors regarding the turret keymapping is due to several turret mods in game. from my quick look at the log it appears to be the advanced research in ccl not initialising causing the cascading errors on open of research window

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

There are several issues according to those logs.

XML error: <buildingDefs><li>TableMachining</li></buildingDefs> doesn't correspond to any field in type AdvancedResearchDef.
Exception reading FireResistantEmbrasures.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..
Exception reading JoyGiversoyster.xml as XML: unexpected end of file. Current depth is 1  Line 12, position 17..
Config error in sugarcane: ingestible preferability > NeverForNutrition but socialPropernessMatters=false. This will cause bugs wherein wardens will look in prison cells for food to give to prisoners and so will repeatedly pick up and drop food inside the cell.
Key binding conflict: Architect_Security_Turret_ArtilleryBomb and Architect_Security_MilitaryTurretGun are both bound to H
bot tried to start doing a null job.

With the possible exception of the last two and definitely with the first one, those could be causing your issues.  The mods you are using aren't A12D compatible and need updates.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.