[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaotic Skies

I -might- have found what's causing the wierd research error, or at least have a lead on it.

Whenever a save is loaded, this is what the debug log spits out:

I think what's happening is CCL is overriding the research panel, and if there are no mods that add research, it doesn't activate, and the research panel breaks because of it. Or I'm making this stuff up. I don't know.
Farewell and Thanks for the Fish.

Fluffy (l2032)

Hmm, technicaly not entirely correct (the message is about 'advanced' research defs, something CCL adds), but I suppose it's possible that that list is not initialized if there are no ard's, which might lead to null errors. Like the spanish inquisition, one should always expect nulls. That would be a bit of a noob mistake, but I'll take any guess at this point.

If there are no AdvancedResearchDefs (ARDs) a list will still be created but it will be empty.  At the same time, if the list is empty, the ARD controller will go into hibernation as there is nothing for it to do.

The bug in the menu can happen when there are ARDs too, I've had the menu work fine until "mid-game" where I start getting the null reference errors.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

nuschler22

At this point, is there a fix for the research error, or just wait?

I am at the very beginning of the game, made a research table and it immediately gave me an error.

:)

We're working on a fix but it's subject to being reliably reproducible which at this point, it's not.  We can't figure out what exactly is triggering it and only encounter it seemingly randomly, additionally; nobody else has been able to tell us how to reliably reproduce it.

There is an open issue for it in the github issues tracker, but we need more info.

It's not that we don't know about it or don't care about it, we just can't find the root cause of it.  :-\
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

nuschler22

No problem.  Thanks for the update.

I restarted RW and it's working fine.

Also, I don't know much about mods/programming, but it was an endless, reoccurring issue.  You may already know that though.  What I mean by that is that it wouldn't allow me to close the error window and it counted endlessly on the left hand side of the error. 

:)

TheSilencedScream

Alas, should've read comments before I downloaded.
I'm also missing anything to research and, two hours into setting up and building, I've now discovered it.

Not really looking to commit to a new fresh start...
Any workaround or suggestion on other mods I could tack on with ARDs to make the research menu pop?
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Emottaja

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on March 28, 2016, 03:06:28 AM
I'm also missing anything to research and, two hours into setting up and building, I've now discovered it.

Any workaround or suggestion on other mods I could tack on with ARDs to make the research menu pop?

the research not showing bug happened to me as well, but here is how i managed to somehow fix it.

1. disable ALL the mods you have (don't touch core) and close the game
2. reopen the game and enable only CCL and then close the game again
3. reopen the game again and enable the rest of your mods, then close the game yet again
4. reopen the game a third time and now it should hopefully manage to load your mods correctly.

might have something to do with the thing that the game doesn't load all assets unless you reopen the game exe for some reason
and it might have left some unneeded data from the previous install? (I'm mostly quessing here, but it worked for me)  :P

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Emottaja on March 28, 2016, 03:54:25 AM
Quote from: TheSilencedScream on March 28, 2016, 03:06:28 AM

the research not showing bug happened to me as well, but here is how i managed to somehow fix it.

1. disable ALL the mods you have (don't touch core) and close the game
2. reopen the game and enable only CCL and then close the game again
3. reopen the game again and enable the rest of your mods, then close the game yet again
4. reopen the game a third time and now it should hopefully manage to load your mods correctly.

might have something to do with the thing that the game doesn't load all assets unless you reopen the game exe for some reason
and it might have left some unneeded data from the previous install? (I'm mostly quessing here, but it worked for me)  :P

I appreciate the assist, but this did not fix it for me.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

RWCCLTeam

v0.12.7 - Automated

Final release before Alpha 13.

This is a huge update for CCL, it unlocks various internal hard-coded references to allow modders to create new doors, research benches, comms, alcohol and automated factories.  All of which will be automagically "seen" by the game engine with no special coding required (we did all the hard work for you).

Many bugs were fixed and the library should be more responsive in certain situations.  For users who are still having issues with the enhanced research menu (we're trying to find the cause, really!), there is an optional "downgrade" mod to restore the vanilla research menu.  However...

Fluffy has added his Research Tree (optional mod to be enabled after the library core)!  This will display a graphic tree of all research and allow queuing of research projects.  This addition is pretty freaking awesome in my (1000101) opinion.  Note, this will add queuing information to your save game once enabled.

RWCCLTeam

v0.12.7.1 - Small MCM Change

This is a small update to allow modders to specify additional data for their MCM in xml.

RWCCLTeam

v0.12.7.2 - Bug Fixes

Two bug-fix releases in two days!  Hopefully this will be the last one, sometimes you just miss something small until after a product ships.

Additionally, for modders, adds two examples (facility injection and trader kind (stock generator) injection).

MechanoidHater

It's currently being tested by modders and the (hopefully) last of the bugs are being squashed.

Please don't ask about it's status, it will be ready when it's ready.  The reason this thread was locked and the big bold "We're working on it" message in the OP was to reflect this.  That the thread has been unlocked should be an indication it will be ready soon.