[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krush

Working on the ability to define custom outfits to be loaded in new games. It's nearly done just need to test it a bit more than i'll toss up a PR for it to get merged into development :)

notfood

Is it possible to override core stats in a mod friendly way with CCL?

Quote from: 123nick on July 28, 2016, 05:59:00 PMthe CCL vanilla tweaks- do they overwrite any core files that would cause problems with other mods?

As stated in the very first post for CCL, the vanilla tweaks uses injection and does not override any defs.

Quote from: notfood on July 28, 2016, 11:45:50 PMIs it possible to override core stats in a mod friendly way with CCL?

Short answer "no", long answer "yes but".  The "but" is that only certain things on certain defs can be modified in a friendly way.  See the modders resource and the def description for ModHelperDef.

We have been discussing in the dev team with doing some "magic" to allow any def to have overrides without being destructive.  This will be a long way coming before it ever hits a release build.  Currently it is only hypothetical talk about the mechanism to do this.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

viperwasp

I'm getting tons of errors when using most recent version v0.14.1 without any mods. I load Core, then CCL, then vanilla tweaks using DRM-Free Non-Steam Version A14E. 

See screenshot.  I am only using CCL.

P.S When I get into the game it's very messed up and I need to Alt+F4 to quit out of the game.

Update - Okay it seems this is because of Extendedstorage mod. I had the mod Xed out but it still gives errors based on it. I will report this where it belongs. Here ---> https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

notfood

Quote from: 1000101 on July 29, 2016, 01:50:50 AM
We have been discussing in the dev team with doing some "magic" to allow any def to have overrides without being destructive.  This will be a long way coming before it ever hits a release build.  Currently it is only hypothetical talk about the mechanism to do this.

I'm not totally certain, I'd need to experiment but... Editable.ResolveReferences() is the method we are looking for. Either by injection or other magic. Though, the modinjection available in specialinjectors happens after ResolveReferences have been called so can't do it with the current available tools in CCL.

Something like...
public override void ResolveReferences () {
  if (do_we_have_overrides_for_this_ThingDef) {
    // do override magic
  }
  base.ResolveReferences();
}

Around this time, defs haven't been fully initialized and you can override everything with no buts.

I'd do it, but I need that pre-ResolveReferences injector. And I can't compile CCL it uses C# 5 features BAAWW!

CCL does some of it's own early injections (detours) when the first custom XMLs start loading via a module initializer.  Unfortunately a module initializer isn't a replacement for DLLMain (which is called when a DLL is loaded).  As stated above, currently it's still in hypothetical discussion as to the best approach for certain things such as xml overrides via an xml attribute along the lines of 'Override="True"' and/or 'AddToExisting="True"'.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

biship

Sorry for the newbie post, but how do I go about working out what mod is causing this? My peons just stand around now :(

Eve threw exception while determining job (main): System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._FoodUtility._ThoughtsFromIngesting (Verse.Pawn ingester, Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._FoodUtility._FoodSourceOptimality (Verse.Pawn eater, Verse.Thing t, Single dist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn eater, IntVec3 root, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 searchSet, PathEndMode peMode, TraverseParms traverseParams, Single maxDistance, System.Predicate`1 validator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn eater, IntVec3 root, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 searchSet, PathEndMode peMode, TraverseParms traverseParams, Single maxDistance, System.Predicate`1 validator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._FoodUtility._BestFoodSourceOnMap (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, FoodPreferability maxPref, Boolean allowPlant, Boolean allowLiquor, Boolean allowCorpse, Boolean allowDispenserFull, Boolean allowDispenserEmpty, Boolean allowForbidden) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, Verse.Thing& foodSource, Verse.ThingDef& foodDef, Boolean canRefillDispenser, Boolean canUseInventory, Boolean allowForbidden, Boolean allowCorpse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._JobGiver_GetFood._TryGiveJob (RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood obj, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.DetermineNextJob (Verse.ThinkTreeDef& thinkTree) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=

As posted in the Vegetable Garden thread, please attach a save file to a post with just CCL + Vegetable Garden which has this issue.

Further, if you can give steps to reproduce this it would help.