[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCL uses C#6 features, if your compiler can't compile C#6 then you will get errors.

Currently, only VS and XS 6+ can compile C#6.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Adalah217

Does CCL still have the functionality where techs that cannot be researched do not appear in the research window? I'm trying to remove a particular vanilla research by setting the prerequisite as itself, but it's still showing up in the research window.

What build number of RimWorld are you using?  The mod will work with build 1249 but it's a specific detour which needs to be done based on the build number to hide locked out research.  We'll be doing a new release soon which will be build 1249 compatible in this respect.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Lockdown

Quote from: 1000101 on August 05, 2016, 03:40:17 PM
CCL uses C#6 features, if your compiler can't compile C#6 then you will get errors.

Currently, only VS and XS 6+ can compile C#6.

Thanks, I switched over to VS and was able to compile the project.

From what I understand, the issue with the minimap color settings being ignored lies with a few specific calls of the Scribe_Values.LookValue method. I used the MiniMapOverlay_Colonists class for the purposes of debugging, but all MiniMapOverlay subclasses likely suffer from the same issue, as their colors reset too.

For the test, I used this XML (setting colonists to show as orange in the minimap) and changed the ExposeData method of MiniMapOverlay_Colonists to look like this. The resulting console output makes it clear the intended color is not loaded from the XML. However, there are some instances where the XML scribing is working as intended, such as when fetching the ccl_version or visible elements, so it's definitely not an access problem to the XML file itself, or the use of the Scribe_Values.LookValue method. Rather, the problem seems to be that the scribe mode is set to ResolvingCrossRefs at the time ExposeData is called, which makes the LookValue method calls not do anything, because they only run any code at all if the mode is LoadSaveMode.Saving or LoadSaveMode.LoadingVars.

If you have any ideas on how to identify the root cause for this, I'll gladly try them out.

hmm, that is a very detailed bit of error checking you did.  Unfortunately I don't have an immediate response other than, "hmm, that is a very detailed bit of error checking you did."  :P

Resolving this is going to take some thinkering.  Could you please make that same basic post as a new issue in our tracker?