[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

I am getting anxious too.

Because its over 2 weeks now that those f*****g nice steam using as*****s people
play A15 .. even when it comes out, I can't because it's still broken with my favorite 50 odd mods ..

when all I want is this ..

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AstroChimp

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 01, 2016, 10:38:00 PM
Am I the only one that wants more drama in order to have more mrofa's drawing?

We should start a Drama thread. Some illustrations might even pop out. :D
Cat beards should be a thing.

cap75

Started the game on a14, soon discovered mods and ccl.
Now playing a15 without ccl and the supported mods I can feel how to trully appreciate your work. Thks.

pktongrimworld

EnterTheNameHere

Thank you for the mod too. I don't know how could I live without minimap...

If you were painting you might use a horsehair paint_____:
40 minutes before I found the answer to this ****** question so I can post this...

Pillow Fort

Krolon

Can we (players) speed up updating to a15? A lot of mods that we're using are still waiting.

SpaceDorf

Propably not, as will all software problems, the developers themselves know best where the problems are and bringing someone up to speed costs more ressources than working on a solution.
Especially since CCL is mostly C#.

@the CCL Team.
Can you tell us which issues you are fighting ?
Maybe venting helps a bit :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

its not issues really, its the whole we dont have the source and a good portion of the stuff we mess with is obsfucated so we have to take educated guesses at what the original code looked like for those areas and rewrite into readable code, this is majorly time consuming and difficult (I really only trust 1000101 to do it right, i wouldnt trust myself) and we have to check it every release to be sure nothing changed in tht coedes logic. So no, nothing the players can do bar wait patiently.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

chaotix14

Whine to Tynan to make his friggin source code public, that's about the extend a player can do to help the CCL team. It's not gonna happen, because it's been asked so many times and he still hasn't done it.

Bloodshot

@skullywag: so ccl is "reverse engineering" the game so that it is mod friendly? can you "just" update the new parts or do you have to start over for every patch?
ever tried to contract the dev and make ccl part of the game if the sourcecode is better to mod?

Arnold Rimmer

So here is how we do it:
1. collect 0.10 buck from every player
2. send all that money to Marek Rosa (Space Engineers) under the condition he has a serious talk with Tynan
about releasing the part of the code that's helpful to modders and only that part.
3. sit back and smile.
[Insert combination of words here]

EnterTheNameHere

Um, I would rather prefer any money go to Ludeon Studios... Nothing against Space Engineers or Keen Software House (I have bought the game long ago), and I bet Marek himself would rather say give that money to fund RimWorld.

However as far as open software and openness to modding can go, Tynan could take an example from Space Engineers...

AstroChimp

I don't understand anything about coding, and I can't even begin to comprehend how difficult it must be to code something like that.And maybe be a dumb question(probably is:D) But wouldn't it be harmful to Ludeon and Tynan releasing some part of the game core code like that?
Cat beards should be a thing.

Natirs

Quote from: AstroChimp on September 04, 2016, 01:03:48 PM
I don't understand anything about coding, and I can't even begin to comprehend how difficult it must be to code something like that.And maybe be a dumb question(probably is:D) But wouldn't it be harmful to Ludeon and Tynan releasing some part of the game core code like that?

I don't think they need to release some of the game code. I think what needs to be done is this entire thing just needs to be incorporated into the game. Seeing as how the majority of mods need it, it makes sense that it would be bundled with the game. Hire the guy on as a contractor and he works with them to make sure this is ready when a new version comes out.