[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

Detours relay on RawCode code, he did post it somewhere in help section i think :P
All i do is clutter all around.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Facepunch on September 05, 2016, 07:10:17 PM
Quote from: AtomicRavioli on September 04, 2016, 08:05:38 PM
Quote from: Facepunch on September 04, 2016, 06:26:38 PM
Any possibility of an ETA? Not gonna pretend I know anything about how Rimworld modding works, but I have done mods in the past for other games in another language, and I know it can be a bitch. Just wondering if we're looking at days or weeks

Never ask for ETAs, its impossible to tell most the time, see above posts: Its alot of prodding around in the dark to see if things work (because they don't have the source)

Sure, but it usually isn't too hard to approximate an approximation. If they're halfway through, double the time they've spent on it and that's good enough for me. I understand what the holdup is, too, and I'm not complaining at all. I've got a lot of respect for the CCL team sacrificing way more time than they should have to, to maintain very probably the single most important mod to rimworld.

That would work if it was a linear process, but this is more dynamic than anything.

Besides, giving out ETAs brings up a due date, which can lead to expectation problems if it isn't released by then.

Pillow Fort

its.... technically....... possible to estimate..

say there's 100 parts..
find out if the first part works
then find out if the 2nd part works and retest the first part..
then the 3rd, and retest both the 1st and the 2nd.. etc..

assuming testing one part takes up one unit of time, the whole process should take up approximately 5050 units of time! =D
halfway is then when they have tested the 70th piece.

(which kinda gives u an idea of why this is needs time)

PaoLorenz

...hmmmm....soooooo.......

Made any solid step forward, so far, at least ?!?!
;D
;)
:-*

Schwartz

...could you stop hassling them? Do I have to quote the mod?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Schwartz on September 06, 2016, 08:50:56 AM
...could you stop hassling them? Do I have to quote the mod?

Well said ^^^

I was just about to post that I wouldn't be surprised if they said fuck it and bailed. Seriously irritating conversation. I'm not even involved, but my skin is crawling reading it.

Ramsis

All posts asking about when the update is, referencing the update, or just being a general nuisance past this post will be looking at some problems coming down from me. Leave the team alone, stop asking and begging etc about when the update will be and move on with your lives.

Seriously though, I'm getting annoyed with the problems here. Give them space to work, the thread will be updated when they get it done.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Pillow Fort

on a seperate note, i kinda wish mods that only use tiny bits of CCL (such as the mod menu) would say so instead of simply "REQUIRES CCL. ALL OF IT."

Facepunch

This really should be part of the vanilla game, tho.

Dingo

The problem with "it should be part of vanilla" is that not 100% of RimWorld players use mods. However, 100% of RimWorld players play RimWorld, the actual game. If Tynan was to work the next few weeks/months implementing CCL's features as part of the core game he would make 0 progress fixing bugs, adding features he wants to and expanding RimWorld as an actual game.

There's a reason CCL is fan-made. RimWorld is very successful but ultimately made by a small studio and I think some people forget that. Any development time taken away from research and implementation of content just stagnates the game on a commercial level at its current iteration.

Lockdown

You realize that a considerable amount of work has already been put into Rimworld to give it mod support, right? True, some players are not taking advantage of that, but it doesn't change the fact that mod support is a selling point in itself, and it's worth the time improving it.

electroglyph

Found this game yesterday, hopelessly addicted.  It's the exact game I dreamed of making, but never got around to doing.  Here to offer help.  ASM/C/C# dev, reversing experience. Send me a PM with what needs to be done. 

Just looked at a tiny bit of code.  I've done this kind of C# hackery before, and I'm well versed in reflection. is this supported by the game creator? how do they feel about reversing around these parts? (i'm assuming some amount of decompilation was done) 

Bloodshot

Quote from: Dingo on September 08, 2016, 12:53:26 AM
The problem with "it should be part of vanilla" is that not 100% of RimWorld players use mods. However, 100% of RimWorld players play RimWorld, the actual game. If Tynan was to work the next few weeks/months implementing CCL's features as part of the core game he would make 0 progress fixing bugs, adding features he wants to and expanding RimWorld as an actual game.

There's a reason CCL is fan-made. RimWorld is very successful but ultimately made by a small studio and I think some people forget that. Any development time taken away from research and implementation of content just stagnates the game on a commercial level at its current iteration.

CCL is allready programed (or at least most of it) and replaces the core of the game, so replacing those files shouldnt be that hard for a good programmer and a better modding support is a huge feature and would add a lot to rimworld.
rimworld sold very well and now after the a15 patch the playerbase is shrinking. i bet after the release of ccl many players (like me) will come back.
also they gain so much money with the steam release, they could hire 101000100010 (or what his name is :D)

Raccoon

Quote from: Bloodshot on September 08, 2016, 09:56:46 AM
Quote from: Dingo on September 08, 2016, 12:53:26 AM

CCL is allready programed (or at least most of it) and replaces the core of the game, so replacing those files shouldnt be that hard for a good programmer and a better modding support is a huge feature and would add a lot to rimworld.
rimworld sold very well and now after the a15 patch the playerbase is shrinking. i bet after the release of ccl many players (like me) will come back.
also they gain so much money with the steam release, they could hire 101000100010 (or what his name is :D)

I think his name is "E"

skyarkhangel

Quote from: electroglyph on September 08, 2016, 05:51:22 AM
Found this game yesterday, hopelessly addicted.  It's the exact game I dreamed of making, but never got around to doing.  Here to offer help.  ASM/C/C# dev, reversing experience. Send me a PM with what needs to be done. 

Just looked at a tiny bit of code.  I've done this kind of C# hackery before, and I'm well versed in reflection. is this supported by the game creator? how do they feel about reversing around these parts? (i'm assuming some amount of decompilation was done)

Hello. You are welcome! As i know, everything is fine with reflection, etc. A lot of mods, there, using these.
https://github.com/RimWorldCCLTeam/CommunityCoreLibrary