[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Zhentar on September 18, 2016, 01:25:20 AM
I don't know if the "access to Tynan" I keep hearing about obviates the need for this in the short term... but I stumbled across someone's code for decompiling Mono generated iterators. I merged it into a fork of the current ILSpy release and cleaned up a couple bugs. It almost perfectly decompiles all of the functions detoured by the CCL (just leaves in a couple compiler generated fields that are easily ignored). You can get it here: https://github.com/Zhentar/ILSpy/releases/tag/0.1

Thank you for sharing. ILSpy was already able to decompile enumerators (when turning decompilation off in the options, paradoxically), but this will make things even easier.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Robloxsina66

adamjlove

Please get a15 out soon, trying to play modded is like trying to herd 50 blind retarded children who are all called Mod.

Jdalt40

Quote from: adamjlove on September 20, 2016, 05:00:49 PM
Please get a15 out soon, trying to play modded is like trying to herd 50 blind retarded children who are all called Mod.
Quote from: Dingo on September 19, 2016, 04:23:54 AM
As I understand it most of the development team hasn't been active on the project because of vacation/work/real life concerns. People will just have to be patient regarding CCL.

Facepunch

Find something else to play if you really are that anxious, there's literally millions of games out there.

adamjlove

Quote from: Jdalt40 on September 20, 2016, 10:12:58 PM
As I understand it most of the development team hasn't been active on the project because of vacation/work/real life concerns. People will just have to be patient regarding CCL.
I totally get that, I was just expressing how the game is totally subpar without CCL.

Plasmatic

Quote from: adamjlove on September 21, 2016, 02:03:19 PM
Quote from: Jdalt40 on September 20, 2016, 10:12:58 PM
I totally get that, I was just expressing how the game is totally subpar without CCL.

I wouldn't say the game is subpar, Tynan has been and still is doing a phenomenal job! but I think CCL really lets Rimworld mods shine, and by association the game itself.

Jdalt40

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dingo

A15 Status Update:

I've been quite busy dealing with mundane (real life) stuff as well as being sick so my time has been limited the last few weeks.  I am working on the update as I can, however.

We do major code changes when the game makes an alpha update so we don't break CCLs API during an alpha cycle.  That is, all of the 0.14.x releases were backwards compatible with each other but the 0.15.x API will not be 100% compatible with the 0.14.x API.  This is because we find things which can be improved on and may change how the library works and the classes/members/prototypes may change as needed.

Further, while updating CCLs code to compile is fairly trivial, making it work is not.  We have no idea what changes have been made to the core code and how it handles things and since some of our code is "deep" in the game engine we have to deal with it one bug at a time.  This involves making the code compile, run it, let the game crash, fix the first bug which caused the crash (which can take minutes to days depending on the bug), repeat.  Given that there may be anywhere from a handful of bugs to thousands, it can take a handful of hours to hundreds to fix everything.

This particular update has changed how some of the deeper internals work which CCL needs to hook into to validate and modify the game engine state/behaviour.  This means it's taking longer than usual to debug just the core of the library which must be done first before any periphery code is even run.

Less-technical, TL;DR:

CCL is coming along albiet slowly due to major internal changes in the game engine and well as my own limited time.

Special Thanks:

Goes to Zhentar for his update of IlSpy which can reconstruct various compiler generated code blocks (namely variable returns, lambda expressions, etc) which makes checking CCLs detours go that much quicker.  While I have already done the first-pass on the detours to make them compile, most are untested as of yet as I am not that far along.  That being said, his updated IlSpy will undoubtedly be very helpful going forward as the game and library are updated in the future.

An ETA For Those Who Want One:

The library should be ready on the second Tuesday of sixth week of Novtoberuly.

Seriously though, I am working on it as I can, this particular alpha update caught all of us off-guard and instead of three people having a month to work on it before the games alpha release we have one quarter of a person working on it a month after with no near end in sight.  Hopefully it won't take long (using geological time scales) but no promises.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.