[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manly

Thanks for all your efforts.  You and the other folks like you who do so much for this community are so appreciated by us all.   Because of your hard work I am still playing a game i bought 2.5 years ago.  That is amazing :)   Cheers!!!

Facepunch

Awesome reply. When I asked for an ETA thats all I was lookin for. Keep it up, I eagerly await the update.

gillsminnow

Thanks for the update 1000101.

Your efforts on this are appreciated. :)

magik20

I was under the impression that Tynan was helping with CCL and making the code availible before it was complied, therefor having to do all this guess work wouldnt be necessary. 

If not, then wouldnt you have to go through this for every single major update?  Tynan already said A16 will be a huge deal, so I can imagine that doesnt bode well for CCL?

viperwasp

Quote from: magik20 on September 23, 2016, 04:44:01 PM
I was under the impression that Tynan was helping with CCL and making the code availible before it was complied, therefor having to do all this guess work wouldnt be necessary. 

If not, then wouldnt you have to go through this for every single major update?  Tynan already said A16 will be a huge deal, so I can imagine that doesnt bode well for CCL?

Yeah it might be a pain. I'm very patiant though still playing A14 myself. I feel sorry for the modders who do all the work they do. But without them Rimworld would only be a good game. With them it's perfect! It's going to feel amazing when Rimworld is finished and there are no more major updates from the Devs and mods can be perfected. I can't wait. Not that I want devs to rush to completion Tynan will know when the game is done and I predict most of us will be completely satisfied.

Right now it feels like 80% of mod work is upkeep. 20% is renovation and new features etc.  One day it will be more like 95% features and 5% upkeep.  Since mods will only need to be updated to support eachother or the rare bug fix etc.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Falc

Quote from: notfood on September 23, 2016, 01:03:24 PM
You can't compile CCL under Linux. As far as I'm aware, C# 6 features are not available in mono versions under 4.

No, Linux sysadmin is my day job. I play on Windows.

brucethemoose

All this reminds me of Forge modders' frustration with Minecraft updates.

Without a major change in Tynan's interaction with CCL (and I'm not saying that should change at all), it's going to be a less extreme version of Minecraft: Big mods are about 1 version behind, while simpler ones (and some big ones in Rimworld's case) manage to jump ahead earlier with poor cross-compatibility.

I just hope Tynan's relationship with CCL is better than Mojang's relationship with Forge modders.

Orion

Quote from: brucethemoose on September 25, 2016, 04:37:39 AM
I just hope Tynan's relationship with CCL is better than Mojang's relationship with Forge modders.
There is a chance that he does not even know it or does not recognize its significance.

skullywag

Tynan has a game to build, he has a design in his head and a plan, there is no doubt in my mind that CCL does not form part of this plan, how could it? Extra modder support might be part of the plan but again, it wouldnt take priority over the content and systems Tynan wants to add, until he hit that section of his plan (if it exists) what im saying is I wouldnt put my money on anything happening in regards to CCL.

Now onto the point people are missing, the time consuming part of updating CCL is comparing the obsfucated logic with the old alpha to make sure nothing changed, with the recent update of our ILPSY toolage by Zhantar we should be now a whole lot faster than we were, we have also gotten some contributors on Git who have shown to know their stuff so this could also help us.

So dont take this the wrong way but stop thinking Tynan is holding anything back, he is not, let him concentrate on making the game he wants.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

EldVarg

But as Tynan earlier worked a lot with mods (for 7 years) I don't think dislike them - he just does not have a lot of time making it simpler to mod.

Dingo

Skully, is it possible to implement my suggestion about drugs here into CCL? In-case Tynan doesn't directly implement it.

Facepunch

Quote from: Dingo on September 25, 2016, 10:19:58 AM
Skully, is it possible to implement my suggestion about drugs here into CCL? In-case Tynan doesn't directly implement it.

I don't think Skully does CCL, I might be wrong about that, tho. You'd have to talk to E.

skullywag

I have contributed in the past and could add his suggestion, but thats not my place we discuss things like that as a team and decide if it fits. All suggestions will be discussed after the next update. Lets not add more work just now eh.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Facepunch

Quote from: skullywag on September 27, 2016, 02:58:52 AM
I have contributed in the past and could add his suggestion, but thats not my place we discuss things like that as a team and decide if it fits. All suggestions will be discussed after the next update. Lets not add more work just now eh.

I knew you've contributed, just didn't think you were on the team what with your own bunch of mods to tend to. Anyway, keep up the good work, looking forward to that update

CannibarRechter

Current Team Members
mipen
Fluffy
skullywag
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects