[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

September 30, 2016 Status Update

Work progresses and the update is almost complete.  There is a small-yet-game-breaking-bug which needs to be hammered out and once that is done it will be released to modders through our usual mechanism (as a download in the modders slack) for testing and final bug squashing before the public release.

ASSUMING the single major bug is squashed RIGHT NOW, then expect a release of the library in about 7-10 days.  UNTIL that bug is squashed, which can take an indeterminate amount of time, the 7-10 days is rather meaningless.

I did a push to the repo today with all my work so the other team members (or anyone who wants to) can help find and squash the source of the bug.  I won't reveal the bug here but anyone who loads the library into the game and starts playing will see it's effect almost immediately.  Don't worry, it's nothing "crazy" just a head scratcher.

TL;DR

Work is almost complete, one known bug left to squash before final testing and release.

Still no ETA.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Jinxi

Thnx for the update and for your great work.  :)

TunaKaan

Jdalt40

Quote from: TunaKaan on October 02, 2016, 11:42:50 AM
Is There A15 Version?
Alright that's it, read the past 3 pages to find your answer

Natirs

Arnold Rimmer

Quote from: 1000101 on September 30, 2016, 02:31:46 PM
ASSUMING the single major bug is squashed RIGHT NOW, then expect a release of the library in about 7-10 days.
UNTIL that bug is squashed, which can take an indeterminate amount of time, the 7-10 days is rather meaningless.

The one thing that -is- actually important is -that- You guys still work on it, not -when- it's done. :)
Don't give in to the ADHD-kids!

Also: Even when CCL is updated, it surely takes the modifying people 1-2 weeks to update their mods,
be that from A14-with-CCL or A15-without-CCL.
[Insert combination of words here]

skullywag

nah not really all my mods for instance are already to go, just need the classes and a little testing and releases will be out, still working on this bug though, i do however think that its random and something to do with the hashing thing. Others have used the CCL version we have in test and dont see the issue, it seem to be totally random. Bear with us.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dakkon

Quote from: skullywag on October 02, 2016, 07:02:53 PM
nah not really all my mods for instance are already to go, just need the classes and a little testing and releases will be out, still working on this bug though, i do however think that its random and something to do with the hashing thing. Others have used the CCL version we have in test and dont see the issue, it seem to be totally random. Bear with us.

Ah the joys of coding. Running code of 2 computers and one throws errors, commits then downloads to make sure it's the same on both -> still errors. Copy and pastes the code directly from the working computer to the erroring one even though it's identical -> magically stops erroring. WTH!??

Re-downloads and the error is still gone never to be seen again... O_O

skullywag

This problem im sure is simply based on differences between peoples mod lists. It might work for me with my mod list but itll fail for you with yours and itll fail completely differently for someone with another modlist, which means the error is in core or an interaction with core some mods are doing.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Devon_v

Super sweet that this is almost done. A14 came and went while I was playing other games, and pretty much every mod I like needs it. Vanilla just does not cut it for me. :)

Robloxsina66

jmababa

now most mods that you like like glitter world and rt weapons and medical compilation dosen't need it anymore

rina_m

does anyone know if i wanted to pull CCL's hoppers (generic/refrigerated) while i'm waiting and put them in a duplicate core folder could i just do that with the thingdefs and appropriate graphics?

Arnold Rimmer

Quote from: Dakkon on October 03, 2016, 04:26:03 AM
Ah the joys of coding. Running code of 2 computers and one throws errors, commits then downloads to make sure it's the same on both -> still errors. Copy and pastes the code directly from the working computer to the erroring one even though it's identical -> magically stops erroring. WTH!??

Re-downloads and the error is still gone never to be seen again... O_O

Teehe, Dakkon, yup, that's called SDCM... "Sleep-Deprived-Coder Mishap"

Arnold Rimmer

Quote from: skullywag on October 03, 2016, 07:10:20 AM
This problem im sure is simply based on differences between peoples mod lists. It might work for me with my mod list but itll fail for you with yours and itll fail completely differently for someone with another modlist, which means the error is in core or an interaction with core some mods are doing.

I am confused and kinda startled.
Do you -actually- test CCL with active mods?
And then -adapt- CCL so it works again with said activated mods?
IF so... That would be horrible! Especially as it is a library, it should only be tested with Core.
What does it matter to if this or that mod makes problems, it is that mods creators task to comply with
the library mod the modcreator wants to use, not the other way round.