[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

That's what I gathered, yeah, which is why I suggested for A16 that you guys have some kind of bug bounty board to focus community efforts on porting it to the next version. That way people who are impatient can lend a hand instead of sitting on them, and you guys with jobs and hobbies don't have to do so much work. If you already did that, and I just didn't see it because everything was already resolved, I apologize.

GanjaBoss

can't wait to see new update. can't play without ccl so it is almost a month since i havent played rimworld );

AseaHeru

So, ah, can we get word on whats still holding the update back?

Devon_v

Quote from: AseaHeru on November 12, 2016, 11:03:01 AM
So, ah, can we get word on whats still holding the update back?
Still the stack bug as far as I know.

skullywag

nope, its new stuff in A15 and rangling that into the systems CCL has. The "update" was done a while back but that didnt include any of the new stuff in A15.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mostly it's a time limit that is keeping it back.  I only have a couple hours a week I can dedicate to it so a bug which only takes a couple hours to fix, takes a week to fix.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Michigo

Quote from: 1000101 on November 12, 2016, 10:17:56 PM
Mostly it's a time limit that is keeping it back.  I only have a couple hours a week I can dedicate to it so a bug which only takes a couple hours to fix, takes a week to fix.

That's a little sad. :(

But it's not like people like me are in a position to complain.
We invest exactly zero hours per week and are basically freeloaders.

Quote from: Michigo on November 13, 2016, 03:51:21 AM
Quote from: 1000101 on November 12, 2016, 10:17:56 PM

That's a little sad. :(

But it's not like people like me are in a position to complain.
We invest exactly zero hours per week and are basically freeloaders.

It's one of those things where patience is a virtue and try not to pull your hair out.  I thought most of the bugs were squashed and it was almost ready a few weeks ago...then a couple more more jumped out into the light, and a couple more.  It's like cockroaches, if you see one, you have 1000.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Vincent

Serious question tho, what if A16 come before your release ? from the teasers it sounds like just around the corner, on reddit Tynan said surely not this month but a December release wouldn't not be too surprising.

Jaxxa

Not on the CCL team so dont take this as any kind of official response.

I would assume in that case if a A15 release were to come out would depend on how much work was left and what kind of work.
If A15 was almost ready or the A15 bugs would still affect the A16 version, then I would expect that A15 would get released.

Although if there is work to be done that would not help A16, then because of the limited time the developers have not releasing A15 might be the better option.

kaptain_kavern

Not on CCL either but :

1/ Tynan said no A16 before Xmas likely : https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ax9a9/some_notes_on_recent_controversies/d9kpvgq/

2/ CCL is 99% done (my guestimation)

So i really think it will not happen. But even if then all the already made works will not be lost so I don't see it as a bigger problem than what is actually happening in fact ?

skullywag

Plus a16 looks to be a literal gamechanger most larger scale mods are gonna have a lot more work involved i would guess. The "issues" only arrise when everything else has updated and ccl hasnt.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Vincent

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 13, 2016, 09:18:38 PM
Not on CCL either but :

1/ Tynan said no A16 before Xmas likely : https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ax9a9/some_notes_on_recent_controversies/d9kpvgq/

2/ CCL is 99% done (my guestimation)

So i really think it will not happen. But even if then all the already made works will not be lost so I don't see it as a bigger problem than what is actually happening in fact ?

aww man I missed that one I'm sad now  :'(

Quote from: kaptain_kavern2/ CCL is 99% done (my guestimation)

CCL is 100% done, it's just squashing bugs which is limited by time.