[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

Sooo... about that "A16 won't come out before CCL does" thing...

erathia

Quote from: Psychology on December 20, 2016, 05:45:28 PM
Sooo... about that "A16 won't come out before CCL does" thing...

That was'nt said by any CCL dev so that's irrelevant ;)

Anyway we're still here and waiting for any update,
We wont let CCL die this easily,
To ForsakenShell, Skully, the allmigthy Kaptain, especially Zhentar for the ILSpy thingy and all the others contributors to CCL, keep up the pace, we'll be right there when it's completed.

You know the silent majority here can't or won't code for shit, so we rely on you for the hard work, but we can still help by reporting bugs on the Git page!

Jaxxa

I suppose the question now becomes is an A15 release worth it or should the jump be made directly to A16.

That will probably depend on how much of the remaining work on A15 is still applicable to A16 or how much has to be changed again.

Beathrus

Its good to be patient for things. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Stralopple

I'm a software engineer (albeit one with limited time) and I'd be more than happy to contribute to the code base, especially if it means getting CCL up to A16. I've not worked with rimworld mods before and was hoping someone already committing to the CCL repo could point me to a good place to start?

ShawnB

I'm a software engineer too and have some time to contribute.

Devon_v

As far as I know, a15 and a16 don't differ much code-wise. All the massive changes were at the world level, maps still work basically the same. An a15 version would be most of the way to an a16 version.

Regardless of what has changed between A15 and A16 I have had a lack of testers for the A15 release of CCL which means that things have been slow for CCL.  It basically got halted when I ran into a strange issue and the only person who did help test couldn't reproduce it.

Anyway, CCL will end up jumping straight to A16 it seems but it also may go on a bit of a diet.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.