New Toolbar sucks.

Started by Adamiks, October 22, 2015, 07:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

I dont understand the screen still moves when you are at the screen edge, that code hasnt changed.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Regret

Quote from: Adamiks on October 23, 2015, 12:39:01 PM
For me it's not easier way. My middle mouse button is just simply.... hmm... not so good.

It's easier for me  to move camera using edge of screen, and i have problems with this now, due to that totally useless change in interface (at least it's useless for me, i dunno about interface modders).
So you say the interface is stupid because your hardware needs an upgrade?
Make a gofundme or give a paypal account or something, and ill throw you some money. If enough people give you 1 euro you can easily get a new mouse, problem solved.

SlimeCrusher

Or just use WASD to move the camera, while pressing shift if you want to go faster. Easy as that.

Adamiks

Quote from: Regret on October 23, 2015, 12:52:16 PM
Make a gofundme or give a paypal account or something, and ill throw you some money. If enough people give you 1 euro you can easily get a new mouse, problem solved.

No comment, dude... Where i said my mouse is broken? It's simply uncomfortable for me to use middle mouse button instead of using screen edge.

Change in interface shouldn't make moving your camera more uncomfortable.

It's so hard to understand that one simple thing? C'mon, it's (kinda) bug, it needs to get fixed. End of topic. I don't need new freakin' mouse.

Quote from: skullywag on October 23, 2015, 12:41:11 PM
I dont understand the screen still moves when you are at the screen edge, that code hasnt changed.

It still moves, but it needs more time before it will react in place where toolbar is. It's probably made so you don't move your camera while using interface. Another example why this interface is worse than old one.

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on October 23, 2015, 01:05:39 PM
Or just use WASD to move the camera, while pressing shift if you want to go faster. Easy as that.

Using screen edges allows you to move your camera only a bit, while WASD moves a little more. It's uncomfortable due to that. (edges = more precise).

TLDR

It's a problem. It needs to get fixed. My mouse is fine. And i don't want to use WASD or middle mouse button (these are waaayyy less precise - this is why) only because of that useless change in interface. Please fix it.

TLHeart

Quote from: Adamiks on October 23, 2015, 02:58:59 PM
Quote from: Regret on October 23, 2015, 12:52:16 PM

No comment, dude... Where i said my mouse is broken? It's simply uncomfortable for me to use middle mouse button instead of using screen edge.

Change in interface shouldn't make moving your camera more uncomfortable.

It's so hard to understand that one simple thing? C'mon, it's (kinda) bug, it needs to get fixed. End of topic. I don't need new freakin' mouse.

It still moves, but it needs more time before it will react in place where toolbar is. It's probably made so you don't move your camera while using interface. Another example why this interface is worse than old one.

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on October 23, 2015, 01:05:39 PM

Using screen edges allows you to move your camera only a bit, while WASD moves a little more. It's uncomfortable due to that. (edges = more precise).

TLDR

It's a problem. It needs to get fixed. My mouse is fine. And i don't want to use WASD or middle mouse button (these are waaayyy less precise - this is why) only because of that useless change in interface. Please fix it.

Nothing wrong with the new interface. It is not a bug. There are other ways to move the camera, and the edge of screen is the LEAST precise way to move the camera. Middle Mouse button gives total control, WASD or the arrow keys, also give good control.

But since your preference is to not adapt, but to complain about something so small, when there are much better and easier ways to accomplish the same thing, so be it.

Adamiks

Do you want a vid or something?

Middle mouse button - you can't move camera and zoom in in that same time. And i'm simply not used to use that button to move your camera.
WASD - It always move X tiles after one press (the longer you hold the more tiles it will move).
Screen edge - It all belongs to mouse sensitivity. In WASD way it's pure "1 press = x tiles".

It's just simply logic. But if you don't trust me you can just run the game and test it out.

"Nothing wrong with the new interface".

Totally. It's looking bad, it's useless change and it makes screen edge camera moving uncomfortable. Totally nothing wrong with the new interface.

"But since your preference is to not adapt, but to complain about something so small, when there are much better and easier ways to accomplish the same thing, so be it."

Right! We should remove whole screen edge moving because this useless change in interface is more important! Adapt and change!

Also, speak for yourself. For me things so small are important in games and there is no easier and better ways to move your camera. WASD is almost that same, but while you zoom in screen edge is way better.

I used this way to move camera in many games for many years. But for some reason that totally useless change in interface is more important than one of three ways to move your camera.

NuclearStudent

Up/down sensitivity is, I think, somewhat lower. It's sort of noticeable, I guess.

Adamiks

Quote from: NuclearStudent on October 25, 2015, 03:24:03 AM

Up/down sensitivity is, I think, somewhat lower. It's sort of noticeable, I guess.

I think it's only down, where the toolbar is.

Mmgfrcs

This game is still Alpha, means that the game hasn't been finished yet. Complaining about the UI would be a waste of time, but suggesting a good change is more useful than blabbing about the flaws and just saying that it sucks

Personally I don't mind the menu. WSAD can be configured to move the camera like screen edge do and since I used the keyboard often, camera scroll was easier to do. Still being stubborn? Use EdB interface to hide the tabs you don't need

I guess before people started blabbing about the hard times for newbies, learn to do that and any games like this would be easier to handle

Adamiks

Quote from: Mmgfrcs on November 05, 2015, 06:15:33 AM
This game is still Alpha, means that the game hasn't been finished yet. Complaining about the UI would be a waste of time, but suggesting a good change is more useful than blabbing about the flaws and just saying that it sucks

Personally I don't mind the menu. WSAD can be configured to move the camera like screen edge do and since I used the keyboard often, camera scroll was easier to do. Still being stubborn? Use EdB interface to hide the tabs you don't need

I guess before people started blabbing about the hard times for newbies, learn to do that and any games like this would be easier to handle

I gave simple solution many times - make option about old and new interface. You want old one? Fine! Choose old one! You want new one? Fine!

Like always - if someone don't like something in unfinished game he is blabbing and complaining. Standard. Using your logic people shouldn't talk about what they don't like in games at all and devs should guess what people don't like.

Why i didn't make only one post instead of talking about it? Because people are saying "jess.... Just use WASD!" when i said multiple times that using WASD is more annoying for me  than using screen edge. Probably because of my mouse sensitive etc. but still - i don't like it, i don't want it, i answered why but people still talk about it. It's simply annoying.

And mods shouldn't repair annoying things in the games. Even in unfinished games. Why? Because you actually pay for these unfinished games like for finished games in modern days and no one will guarantee you that game will be finished in future, so i don't see any reason why devs just couldn't fix some things. If you don't want to listen to people complaining about the game then simply don't make early access and don't have money for it. Because devs of early access game get that same amount of money like from finished games, so i don't see any reason why they shouldn't make their game most playable and enjoyable as they can.

Not like i blame Tynan for releasing Rimworld now. I simply don't like when people say "bla bla it's early access, it can be full of bugs, glitches and annoying things!". If early access games are full of bugs then why they aren't cheap?....

TLHeart

having two incompatible interfaces in a game, not an easy task. Having an interface that can be built upon for future content, is great. There are more than one way to move the camera, which you refuse to use. That is a personal problem, not a problem with the game. This interface has eliminated many UI bugs, that the old interface had.

Wailing against the wall all you want, the wall will never move.

Adamiks

Quote from: TLHeart on November 05, 2015, 09:46:38 AM
having two incompatible interfaces in a game, not an easy task. Having an interface that can be built upon for future content, is great. There are more than one way to move the camera, which you refuse to use. That is a personal problem, not a problem with the game. This interface has eliminated many UI bugs, that the old interface had.

Wailing against the wall all you want, the wall will never move.

One of 3 ways to move the camera is broken (it takes more time to move camera at place where toolbar is if you use screen edge, it's annoying because all other edges are ok, but only this one is slowed down).

"It's a personal opinion, not a game problem".

If D button would be slowed down and in result WAS buttons would be fine but D would be broken you would say "it's not a game problem"?.....

"Wailing against the wall all you want, the wall will never move."

EDIT

And show me example of bugs in old interface. I modified old interface in older versions (mod pack made from many mods) and it worked fine....

TLHeart

There were 7 bugs, all to do with the interface, in mantis because of the old interface. They are all now fixed.

Keep wailing against the wall.

Adamiks

Quote from: TLHeart on November 05, 2015, 04:52:18 PM
There were 7 bugs, all to do with the interface, in mantis because of the old interface. They are all now fixed.

You didn't answer my other question.....