forced mealtime

Started by halby, October 29, 2015, 10:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halby

if you tell your dudes to do whatever they want, they will tend to sleep for 8 hrs, joy for 2, then work for 6, eat for 2, work for 6 ... what that means is right in the middle of work, when they might be very far from the dining room, they head off to go eat... since they only eat once per day anyway, i'd like to have them eat when they first wake up, cuz um.. duh? :)  now i can micromanage this easy peasy, right click on food... but it'd be nice to add it to the restrictions list...

sleep/joy/eat/work/anything  ... obviously they should still eat whenever they are hungry, i'm just saying, during 'eat' time they should eat even if they aren't hungry, so that over time that'll be their 1 sustaining meal of doom.

skullywag

Yeah ive been needing this for a while now.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

LanMc

+1

I would like to have the ability to schedule time for them to eat too.  It would benefit my colonists in multiple ways:

A) Guaranteed social interaction as everyone is gathering at basically the same time to eat.

B) They will be at a table - no more "ate off the ground" annoying debuffs.  And... hopefully...

C) No more "urgently hungry" debuffs...  Maybe?

Since the addition of the "Night Owl" trait I run two colonist schedules, those that sleep at night and those that sleep during the day.  Being able to schedule when they eat would help with both as I can schedule them to eat upon waking. 
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Limdood

I also think this would be great.

I'd even let my people burn through food at double speed to give them 2 mealtimes to remove hungry from ever appearing - pawns left to their own devices are rather poor planners when it comes to not becoming super tired or hungry...

LanMc

Quote from: Limdood on October 30, 2015, 03:58:40 PM
I also think this would be great.

I'd even let my people burn through food at double speed to give them 2 mealtimes to remove hungry from ever appearing - pawns left to their own devices are rather poor planners when it comes to not becoming super tired or hungry...

That's a good idea!!!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...