Can I run It?

Started by WannaBurnHeretics?, October 23, 2015, 07:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WannaBurnHeretics?

I know this game is highly dependent on the CPU and not GPU unfortunately thats the part of my old computer thats really lacking and I cant seem to run most new indie games regardless of graphics quality ( Especially if unoptimized. ) but I figure its worth an ask because I really would like to play this game.
I have an AMD sempron 2.2 and i'm not asking for 60 fps type performance. 25+ is good enough for me most games i usually play lag in heavy combat regardless and im used to it. Just as long as most of the time im playing its not horrible.

harpo99999

with a sempron 2.2ghz the game should run, but S L O W L Y as the cpu does not have much cache memory and is a 6 year old cpu using the AM2 socket and supported ddr2 ram, in my experience the semprons are just able to surf the web and play solotaire but get very slow when asked to do more intensive work even when given enough ram

WannaBurnHeretics?

There ARE games I can play like Wow on medium graphics at an average of 25 fps but all these games I have are a few years old. I know Rimworld is more intensive than it looks. Thanks for the reply hopefully soon I can afford a dual core and new motherboard then ill be able to play most indie games.

harpo99999

from observation I would suggest that rimworld might play reasonably on the sempron as it appears to be mostly singlethreaded (atleast only one core in my cpu is getting significant load) so the main issue would be the ghz of the cpu

milon

I used to play RimWorld on an Intel Atom, 2.0 GHz I think it was. If I turned quality down and stayed zoomed in all the time it worked okay.