"Rimworld914Win.exe has stopped working" Appears at main menu.

Started by RellikReed, October 23, 2015, 05:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RellikReed

I just recently downloaded rimworld in a fresh OS of windows 7.

When I start rimworld, the program loads, takes me to the main menu, plays about 2 seconds of music, then the error message comes up.  I'll attach a screenshot.

As far as I can tell, their is no Error/Crash Log.

I have done the following:
Make sure Windows 7 is up to date and genuine.
Running in administrator mode
Deleted Rimworld in my appdata.
Tried to reinstall Rimworld after deleting appdata.
Make sure my drivers for my GPU is up to date.
Both Moving and reinstalling Rimworld in different HDD/SDD.

There are no mods installed.
System Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350
MB:Sabertooth 990fx R2.0
RAM: 4x4gb DDR3-1866 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290
Storage: Kingson 120gb for OS
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD & SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB SSD for Data/Game storage.

Please, if you think of something I haven't done, let me know. I don't know what else to try.

[attachment deleted due to age]

RellikReed

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have played this patch before (like 5 days ago) in this exact same computer, before I decided to wipe my OS ssd completely and do a fresh install of Windows 7. So I don't think its a compatibility issue with my hardware.

Coenmcj

Are you sure there's nothing turning up in your output_log? That's quite concerning..
I was thinking maybe your GPU downloaded a bad update or maybe you installed some software recently that disagrees with it. What other processes have you got running when you launch?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

RellikReed

No, it was my OS, I updated a bunch of drivers at once when I did the fresh install and something must have went wrong when I did. I know this because other .exe programs that were not assoiated with steam were also failing to load in the exact same way. (Minecraft/Fallout:NV/JavaUpdater) I just did a fresh install and updated my driver one at a time and now Rimworld is working again. I don't exactly know what went wrong but I hope it dosen't happen again.

Coenmcj

Well good to see you got that sorted, hope it doesn't happen again though.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite