[A13] Food Preservation 1.2 Now with Nutrient Nuggets! (6/5/2016)

Started by Loki88, October 24, 2015, 12:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you use the most?

Smoked Meat
5 (17.2%)
Dried Berries
2 (6.9%)
Ration Packs
10 (34.5%)
Nutrient Nuggets
3 (10.3%)
Equal Use Mostly
7 (24.1%)
A Few Things Together (please comment to specify)
2 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Loki88

Quote from: Boston on April 14, 2016, 12:23:29 AM
IS there any possibility this mod could be updated to A13? Really useful

I just updated my LED mod so this will be next, I will hopefully get to it tomorrow night after work.

Loki88

UpDaTe TiMe! FINALLY!

Updated to A13!

Changed timers to reflect new day lengths (let me know on the poll how you feel about that)

Added dried berries and smoked meat to their respective raw foods categories.

Minor issue with the categories being you can now make smoked meat out of smoked meat which would give you an infinitely decreasing supply of smoked meat. I can't figure out how to remove only smoked meat as a valid ingredient so for now it's set like human meat where it's not a selected ingredient when the recipe is started... Anyone who can let me know how to disallow it will be given a free empty jerky bag!

cuproPanda

Quote from: Loki88 on April 19, 2016, 12:53:44 AM
UpDaTe TiMe! FINALLY!

Updated to A13!

Changed timers to reflect new day lengths (let me know on the poll how you feel about that)

Minor issue with the categories being you can now make smoked meat out of smoked meat which would give you an infinitely decreasing supply of smoked meat. I can't figure out how to remove only smoked meat as a valid ingredient so for now it's set like human meat where it's not a selected ingredient when the recipe is started... Anyone who can let me know how to disallow it will be given a free empty jerky bag!

Wouldn't you just have to do something like
<exceptedThingDefs>
  <li>Smoked_Meat</li>
</exceptedThingDefs>

(Or whatever the defName is for smoked meat)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Loki88

Quote from: cuproPanda on April 19, 2016, 01:26:28 AM
UpDaTe TiMe! FINALLY!

Updated to A13!

<exceptedThingDefs>
  <li>Smoked_Meat</li>
</exceptedThingDefs>

I've never had to use that yet so where would I plop it?  :o

Edit: Nvm figured it out through trial and Error...

cuproPanda

Quote from: Loki88 on April 19, 2016, 01:42:34 AM
UpDaTe TiMe! FINALLY!

Updated to A13!

<exceptedThingDefs>
  <li>Smoked_Meat</li>
</exceptedThingDefs>

Sorry, I thought you already knew about the details since you mentioned human meat being excepted
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Loki88

Quote from: cuproPanda on April 19, 2016, 01:55:38 AM
UpDaTe TiMe! FINALLY!

Updated to A13!

<exceptedThingDefs>
  <li>Smoked_Meat</li>
</exceptedThingDefs>

Sorry, I thought you already knew about the details since you mentioned human meat being excepted

No Worries! I appreciate your answer  ;D do you want the free empty jerky bag?  :P

cuproPanda

Quote from: Loki88 on April 19, 2016, 02:17:36 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on April 19, 2016, 01:55:38 AM
UpDaTe TiMe! FINALLY!

Updated to A13!

<exceptedThingDefs>
  <li>Smoked_Meat</li>
</exceptedThingDefs>

No Worries! I appreciate your answer  ;D do you want the free empty jerky bag?  :P
Oh yes!

Ahhh... The smell of past-had happiness  ;D

AllenWL

Loki88

Quote from: AllenWL on April 19, 2016, 04:00:55 AM
How much nutrition is 60%?

It more or less fills up a colonist's hunger by 60%. A simple meal is 85%, the lower nutrition is to reflect the heavily preserved nature of the ration packs.

Loki88

Well I derped a little and forgot to give ration packs the ability to be stored in a stock pile  ::)

Version 1.11 fixes that, just delete the old version and remember to re-enable food preservation in the mods menue. should be save game friendly.

Matthew_Kane1

Well, that explains why I couldn't find the ration packs when I was looking for things to allow in my emergency stockpile.

AllenWL

Quote from: Loki88 on April 19, 2016, 09:46:41 AM

It more or less fills up a colonist's hunger by 60%. A simple meal is 85%, the lower nutrition is to reflect the heavily preserved nature of the ration packs.
Huh, if ration packs reduce joy, give a negative thought, and restores 25% less hunger, not sure if it'll really be worth it, even if it lasts a year(also, isn't a year 60 days(4 seasons in a year, 15 days per season)?).

I mean, maybe in really hot biomes like the desert, but otherwise...

Loki88

Quote from: AllenWL on April 20, 2016, 03:06:53 AM
Quote from: Loki88 on April 19, 2016, 09:46:41 AM

Huh, if ration packs reduce joy, give a negative thought, and restores 25% less hunger, not sure if it'll really be worth it, even if it lasts a year(also, isn't a year 60 days(4 seasons in a year, 15 days per season)?).

I mean, maybe in really hot biomes like the desert, but otherwise...

Rations are still less of a mood / thought hit than nutrient paste which was my original thinking, as for nutrition I've been considering bumping it up.

As for the timers I basically set them to as many days as I could while still having the in game timer show a round figure of years / seasons without tacking days on to the end upon creation.

AllenWL

On the other hand, nutrient paste has many advantages to make up for the negative mood(uses less food, fills more hunger, takes less time). The ration packs have one advantage that has to make up for the many disadvantages, and unless in a very hot biome, freezing food for infinite storage isn't that hard.

Also, can ration packs be made on a fueled stove?

Loki88

Quote from: AllenWL on April 21, 2016, 03:57:13 AM
On the other hand, nutrient paste has many advantages to make up for the negative mood(uses less food, fills more hunger, takes less time). The ration packs have one advantage that has to make up for the many disadvantages, and unless in a very hot biome, freezing food for infinite storage isn't that hard.

Also, can ration packs be made on a fueled stove?

Yes they can. They can also be made in bulk ( 10 at a time )  which makes them as fast or faster than nutrient paste. And since the addition of the fueled stove they do not require power to be made unlike the npd.

The bulk recipe requires a minimum skill level of 6 to make it.