Where are all the goats? (and sheep)

Started by Loki88, October 18, 2015, 12:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

Maybe it's because I grew up on a farm, maybe it's because I like the weird side of the history of exploration, maybe it's because I'm crazy ( highly likely ). But! I can't help but thinking... "where are the goats?!"

We have cows, pigs, alpacas, thrumbos, chickens, and 3 kinds of domestic dog ( we can even milk an elk! )... Yet the most widely consumed red meat and milk producer world wide isn't a thing? Even historically speaking, explorers brought goats along with them ( among other things ) to turn loose in to new found lands so that future exploration parties years later ( and stranded whaling ships ) would have something reliable to eat. Ask somebody from New Zealand, Australia, or Hawaii how that went...

So I ask this, is anyone willing to help create either

A: Project Capra = Throw a few goats in to the game! Likely a Saanen goat for milk, Boer for meat ( or a kiko!), and a Cashmere for fiber? I'm open to any and all suggestions though!

B: Project RimFarm = Throw the goats in with more livestock that people would like to see!

I can handle coding them in ( I hope ) but as far as art goes I'm not the greatest so I'm hoping for help in that department. Though any help, advice, suggestions, or feedback are all greatly appreciated ( even if it's just to tell me I'm off my rocker [be gentle with me please] )

Side note: The goats would be able to haul a bit as they're used as pack animals IRL already.

Cheers!

dismar

Lonely Rogue

I could make a VERY basic mod for this, I want something to work on. The art would even be OK.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Lonely Rogue

The question is whether you would want a wild variant, what it should be called, what animal I should base it off of, etc.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Loki88

Wild variant yes! It could just be called "goat" to keep things simple. I'm just thinking it could be like a mini muffalo giving both milk and "wool" but in lower quantities. (Its not technically wool that they give but oh well)

If you do wind up making this I really appreciate it!
Sorry for the delayed reply, I haven't had nearly as much time to come on here lately as I normally do.

milon

Also very interested. I've just started dabbling in mods myself, and I'll help if I can. Goats and sheep need to be added, and I really think a farming mod would be good to have as well.

Loki88

Quote from: dismar on November 02, 2015, 09:26:36 PM
you pawns lonely? lol SHEEEEEP!

Even if they are lonely, rubber boots aren't a thing either.