Warhammer 40k - An Overall

Started by Berengar, October 29, 2015, 11:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berengar

Hello Guys!

I am working currently on an Overall for rimworld in the Warhammer 40k Setting.
My plan is to splitt the mod in different submods, so every one can play as he wants. :)

Planned Features

1: Furniture, Walls etc. Faction and Weaponmods are a nice thing, alone. But without some Stuff for you base, besides nice turrents, it will always miss something. Because of that i will add Stuff to give you beloved Colony that nasty 40k feeling.  ;D
Planned are Walls (when i got them right.. Never happy with them..), Decorative and normal Furniture, power, crafting mechanics and so on.

2: Factions! No 40k mod will  realy completed without some nice Orcs and Chaosmarines to bash. :) Will post here an list with planned factions, and will update them, if i complete new units and stuff.
a: Orcs (2 Units nearly finished.. needs some fine tuning)
b: Tyranids (2 Units nealry finished)
c: Chaos

3: Weapons, Armors and Clothing. Pretty selfexplaning. Every thing that is fitting will be craftable.

4: Animals, Plants and biomes. (When i got at the end the motivation and time)

Help
So now i need a bit help from you Guy's.
Any suggestions? Post them below, mostly need ideas for furniture. But small warning, i will not go into DLL modding, so only stuff that is possible with xml.

Download
I already play an test version of the mod, but want do do a bit of finetuning, etc.. Bevor i will upload it here.

Screenshots

Tyranid

korzon19

Tyranid is EPIC, do not change it's textures. Orc is cool too, but it's clothing color pattern - not quite adequate. Orcs had brown-grey clothes and red-metalish armors with black-white checked pattern(of course it depends on Orc clan). I hope this image will get you closer to it's original WH40k look: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/03/18/d7/0318d7378cc8b7750411866eb664c9ac.jpg

Waiting for more. Good work bro - keep goin'. :]

Berengar

The Hormagaunt is finito! Still experimenting with the style, but i thing i will stay with that one.
@Korzon19 Thanks man.^^ But with the orcs your are not quit right, depends on the Tribe there come from. Beside that, the orc needs some work, will keep that picture in mind when i'm on it.

grizzlymint_gpt

I was contemplating working on a WH40k overhaul literally yesterday. Glad to see you beat me to it :D. You could try getting the WH40k weapon mod in the pack to lighten your load a little bit.

Armorer

Greetings,
How you balance WH40k special weapons (like melta, plasma, flamer)?
What kind of turrets you plan to make?(manned/unmanned, with ammo or without, etc)
How would you balance orks and tyranids?
Do you plan introduce vehicles? (In WH40k tabletop game style with superior armor and devastating weapons)
How important will be melee in your mod?

Berengar

@Armorer

Hey. :)

Im not that good in balancing stuff, but my plan is to write down the stats and lore of the weapons already in the game, and compare them with the lore of the 40k weapons.

actual both, start with manned ones and later with the technology and some craftet machine spirits, unmanned ones.
Beside that i plan to give the turrets more an supporting role. The main combat should be between your soldiers, and the enemy.

Hrm.. good question. Will took for the tyranids a bit inspiration from the Rimbeast mod, but besides that like the weapons.

Nope no vehicles planned. Thing they do not fit that mutch in to the playstyle of rimworld. :)

A bit more than in the vanilla game, because there will be many meele based factions. So the player need something to "block" them.

Dspendragon

Warhammer 40K is great thing to add to rimword, it kinda fits the vibe if your colony is under constant attack (like mine).

Just don't nurf the guns, their supposed to blow an arm off, after going trough a couple walls. Don't worry just get someone to clean the mess after wards. also talk to a modder named :Headshot: hes got a mod that adds a few guns from warhammer 40K.
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Kadrush

A Tyranid horde trying to enter my base would be awesome, but if I got tyranids attacking my base, wouldnt the whole world being attacked by a hive fleet and, therefore, doomed?

Also, for tyranid coding I recomend a mod that creates a insectoid hive in the game, pretty nice and well balanced.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16037.0

Finally, I dont know if it is possible to code that, but in WH40k universe ork weapons only work on ork hands. The WH40k weapon pack, as it is, allow humans to fire shootas, which is really odd.