[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

Quote from: simon-82 on December 04, 2015, 01:25:48 PM
Quote from: NemesisN on December 04, 2015, 01:07:48 PM
I kinda don't want to lose my world because I had a good run on it with the version v1.18

so will v1.20 run fine with my world or should I wait for a new version update.....or I need to start all over again ?
The shields are disabled in 1.20 now. So if you load your old save with shields it wil give an error. If you really want to keep playing that save, stay on your current version.
If I understand you correctly, you only have that one currupt save file?
You can try to repair the save file.
You have to edit it manually and delete the shields from it.
Search for blocks of code in the file that look like that and delete all of them:
<thing Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.Building_Shield">
<def>Building_ShieldStandard</def>
<id>Building_ShieldStandard307098</id>
<pos>(123, 0, 74)</pos>
<health>500</health>
<faction>Colony508570295</faction>
<parentThing>PowerConduitInvisible270037</parentThing>
<shieldField Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.ShieldField">
<shieldMaxShieldStrength>4000</shieldMaxShieldStrength>
<shieldInitialShieldStrength>100</shieldInitialShieldStrength>
<shieldShieldRadius>8</shieldShieldRadius>
<shieldRechargeTickDelay>15</shieldRechargeTickDelay>
<shieldRecoverWarmup>900</shieldRecoverWarmup>
<shieldFireSupression>True</shieldFireSupression>
<shieldCurrentStrength_base>112</shieldCurrentStrength_base>
<tick>2775</tick>
<online>True</online>
<colourGreen>0.3764706</colourGreen>
<colourBlue>0.7294118</colourBlue>
<shieldBuilding>Building_ShieldStandard307098</shieldBuilding>
</shieldField>
<flag_direct>True</flag_direct>
<flag_indirect>True</flag_indirect>
<flag_fireSupression>True</flag_fireSupression>
<flag_InterceptDropPod>True</flag_InterceptDropPod>
<flag_shieldRepairMode>True</flag_shieldRepairMode>
<flag_showVisually>True</flag_showVisually>
</thing>

I did remove all of this code with Notepad++ but when I load up the world it still displays the same error and brakes the game....It also writes the code back I deleted

I guess this colony is going to trash now....I will just play vanilla until you come up with a stable version so I don't have to delete my colony all the time
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on December 04, 2015, 01:59:23 PM
I did remove all of this code with Notepad++ but when I load up the world it still displays the same error and brakes the game....It also writes the code back I deleted
I guess this colony is going to trash now....I will just play vanilla until you come up with a stable version so I don't have to delete my colony all the time
Alright, I was hoping that would work to save your colony, but I guess it didn't. :(

TLHeart

Quote from: NemesisN on December 04, 2015, 01:59:23 PM

That is a risk one takes with mods, that a colony will crash. Starting new colonies gets to be a pain at times, but gives you the chance to try another strategy.

For me, vanilla is just too boring and too easy now.

Grogfeld

Sorry Simon that was 3 colonies ago ;) so I don't have that save but I will hunt for this bug... or another Centipede will crush my colony ;)

May I have a suggestion for you? Could you consider some changes in early research? I think that there should be tech that grants all the necessary buildings like stonecutter's table, furnace and maybe early power generator. I make this suggestion because there are some issues with tech order. At start we have Construction I but almost all things to build need steel, and power to work. So construction gives false hopes and it's confusing for new players. There is also Power I and everything here needs steel so another problematic approach. Maybe those two should be behind Crafting I? Or like I said before a combined tech: "guide to survive" I remember Tech Tree Minami had such a tech that gives good start. Oh now I see, It was "RimWorld for Dummies" :D here is the link to tech tree and all things that are unlocked: http://i.imgur.com/MyS8rTr.png?1  Heh I remember those dark nights and Terrors event that kidnapped almost my whole colony.

But it's your modpack and everything you do will be fine for me :) I like what you created with all those mods.

Also another suggestion: Colony Manager it's a great tool and Fluffy confirmed that everything works fine. I'm using it and I'm happy with this choice :)

Thanks for new version, right on time because mechanoid invasion just crush my colony today. 5 day and terraformer landed. That was FUN! :)

Moriros

I dowloaded this mod, played it and i say its great! I make an artic-eskimosi colony. Research system is balanced and not annoying (or frustrating).
I`m glad I`m not a squirrel...

Grogfeld

So 3 glass eyes = wooden crystal eye? ;) I have problem with prosthetics. First it shows error:

"Tried to make UnfinishedProsthesis from GlassEye which is not a stuff. Assigning default."
(Picture 1)

and than after it's finished trows another one (Picture 2)

Unfinished item still exist and I can cancel task which will give me back 3 glass eyes.

Also there is no stockpile definition for scythe blades. I can't store it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

A_Bandit!!!

Excuse me if this have already been adressed, my pawns hate cleaning for some reason. Tried taking one pawn and give him a 1 i cleaning and nothing else, still wont do it >:(

This is with the VarietyModPack, loving it so far. Anyone else that have had this problem and have fixed it?

Grogfeld

@UP

You must designate cleaning area, Its in the Zones Tab. Broom icon. If you don't see it just save, close Rimworld and load again.

SteelHeart

I like the mod pack, but when ever I try to open it up after the first install, it crashes. yes, I have set up the shortcut properly, I saw the save data folder. the problem is when ever I open up the game the next time it just gives me a black screen before telling me the program stopped responding. the very first time I open it up just after doing an installation seems to work fine.

I`ll add a crash log if you can point me to where they are hidden on my computer (I`m using windows 7)

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: SteelHeart on December 05, 2015, 07:50:28 PM
I like the mod pack, but when ever I try to open it up after the first install, it crashes. yes, I have set up the shortcut properly, I saw the save data folder. the problem is when ever I open up the game the next time it just gives me a black screen before telling me the program stopped responding. the very first time I open it up just after doing an installation seems to work fine.

I`ll add a crash log if you can point me to where they are hidden on my computer (I`m using windows 7)
Crash logs are in the rimworld install folder, nested in /RimWorld<Version>Win_Data/output_log.txt

simon-82

Quote from: Moriros on December 05, 2015, 03:01:23 PM
I dowloaded this mod, played it and i say its great! I make an artic-eskimosi colony. Research system is balanced and not annoying (or frustrating).
Thanks! Glad you enjoy it :)

Quote from: SteelHeart on December 05, 2015, 07:50:28 PM
Have you tried waiting a little? It takes longer to load than without mods. Also while it is loading, it could show "program not responding". It does that for me too, but it should load fine eventually, depending on how fast your computer is.
Did you copy everything from the zip file directly to your gamefolder? Did you run the script to create the shortcut? I have put up detailed instructions on the wiki. Did you follow those?

Quote from: Grogfeld on December 05, 2015, 03:02:44 PM
So 3 glass eyes = wooden crystal eye? ;)
Also there is no stockpile definition for scythe blades. I can't store it.
Thanks for reporting :)

Uploaded fix v.1.21 (here)
- Enhancement: TerraformingPump can be uninstalled
- Enhancement: Mobile Mineral Sonar now also scans for bauxite ore + can be uninstalled
- fixed bug: CannonTurret can fire through embrasures now
- fixed bug: CrystalEye can be crafted properly now
- fixed bug: SilentJaw can be crafted properly now
- fixed bug: ScytherBlade added to storage list

Grogfeld

Hey guys, what are you thinking about traders in this modpack? Well in every other modpacks in general. I was wondering about land traders and got an idea for calling for them. Just posted it to Haplo in Miscellaneous topic. I think that is feasible to make and could be a great addition for any long research tree modpacks. If he wouldn't do than maybe I will try but I'm not familiar with C# and for first mod this could be to much aka quick quit for me. ;)

Kitsune

Quote from: simon-82 on December 04, 2015, 11:46:23 AM
Awww, you are cruel! The muffalos are sad indeed... Let them outside to play in the sun! :)
And yep, angry Norbals are angry. But your wall was almost complete, hurry up! They will come back I guess. Would love to see a picture of your completed colony :)

No i'm only... uhm defending. ;) But i now make in every new colony and outside area for my animals, better? ;D The old colony is lost sadly because of mod update*giggle* and i fear my actual go's the same way now. :) I must have shiny updates! *-*

@Grogfeld: Oh the tech mod from minami good "old times". Sad that minami went away and vanished. The help i gave him was my first try on modding. :D

So now give me the new shiny version! i want to test if my colonie will explode if i load it. xD

Edit: Little picu from my actual-soon-trashed colony. A bit wider wall but i think it looks a bit bad in the comparison to the old one. ._. Hm maybe the next will be nicer. And hopefully "nicer" norbals. :D

simon-82

Quote from: Kitsune on December 06, 2015, 01:54:22 PM
No i'm only... uhm defending. ;) But i now make in every new colony and outside area for my animals, better? ;D The old colony is lost sadly because of mod update*giggle* and i fear my actual go's the same way now. :) I must have shiny updates! *-*

@Grogfeld: Oh the tech mod from minami good "old times". Sad that minami went away and vanished. The help i gave him was my first try on modding. :D

So now give me the new shiny version! i want to test if my colonie will explode if i load it. xD

Edit: Little picu from my actual-soon-trashed colony. A bit wider wall but i think it looks a bit bad in the comparison to the old one. ._. Hm maybe the next will be nicer. And hopefully "nicer" norbals. :D
Hm, well ok. A small outdoor area for them is all I ask for.
Looks like you really like all the shiny things!
I bet you would like to have my shiny new avatar duck. It is golden + very shiny! But sorry, it's mine :P
You can look at it and admire its' shininess, but nooo touching!

Nice colony again btw. Looks a lot like your last one. With the city wall and stuff. A nice garden area with pretty fences. I like that style of colony. It actually looks like a small western town. :)

And nope, the Norbals won't be nice to you I am afraid. You will have to call them and give them some shiny silver, then they might start to like you.
But I can already tell you will rather murder all of them before you give them any of your shiny silver, am I right?

SteelHeart

good news and some bad news. the good news is that upon installing the mudpack version 1.2.X it stopped crashing on load. the bad news is that my log file was oversized and I deleted it in hopes of just having the one that would be made from the game crashing. well now my game isn`t crashing anymore and the log file is gone forever. well, I guess I can play now, but we`ll never know what made it keep crashing for me.