[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Quote from: ZozZ on December 30, 2015, 01:38:54 AM
Quote from: TLHeart on December 30, 2015, 12:44:36 AM
Quote from: ZozZ on December 29, 2015, 11:52:43 PM
im sorry if it has been posted(i'm too lazy to search) but can i get a mod list ?

maybe just click the link on the first post. It will list what is included...
i did but was that all of it, like 50+ mods?
it seems to me the modpack is kinda small so i just wanted to check if there isn't any unmentioned mods,i want a modpack with 80+ 90+ mods not a hardcore one too

What do you mean is that all?
you have two choices in modpacks, the hardcore SK, or MVP....

They are not easy to put together, or easy to maintain. Every mod is listed, that is not Simon's creation... Simon changed the way growing is done where soil must be cultivated first, and some plants require fertilizer, other require fertilizer and water.

number of mods included does not measure the quality of game play you will experience.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Martiniator on December 30, 2015, 11:21:04 AM
I have 2 questions about the manager.
Sometimes when I assign a job in the manager screen, I find double bills in my workstations. For example, right now I have a bill to make glass 21 times, and a bill to make glass 37 times. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Secondary, I have some chickens, mainly for eggs, so I keep the hens away from the rooster. Can I use the manager to keep 1 hen near the rooster, so she can lay fertilized eggs, to keep the population up? Or is that something I have to do manually in the animals menu?

edit: I have a third question too, whenever I try to set up something in the livestock menu of the manager, the game makes a very annoying noise like it is trying to select something constantly. Only in the menu for handling chickens this doesn't happen. Is this some sort of bug I should report?
Please report bugs about the manager in the manager's thread (should be in my signature).

Duplicate bills is a sometimes occuring bug that I can't nail down whenever I try it. The latest version of the manager includes some more logging to help me track it down, but simon hasn't updated the version in the modpack yet.

The sound in the animals tab has been fixed (quite a while back actually), was a small oversight on my part (re-using code I did before, and not testing with sound on).

Moo

Hm. I researched colored lights but don't the option to build any colored lights.

TLHeart

Quote from: Moo on December 30, 2015, 12:34:20 PM
Hm. I researched colored lights but don't the option to build any colored lights.

that is because you don't build colored lights, you click on the light you want to change the color of, and change the color.

Moo

simon-82

Quote from: losinator501 on December 27, 2015, 09:32:29 PM
Yeah that would be a nice thing... be able to place dirt, but only on top of cultivated soil
Yep I will add that in the next release. Place soil without cost (only a small work amount) over any type of cultivated soil you have created. This is a workaround to get rid of the old fields if you want to move the growing zone.

Nice Youtube vidoes btw @losinator501! I have watched every episode of your new season so far. Can't wait for more! Really enjoying it, keep them coming :)

jampy00

Testing this modpack now. Would it be possible to make it without the texture pack included?

simon-82

Quote from: jampy00 on January 02, 2016, 05:47:32 PM
Testing this modpack now. Would it be possible to make it without the texture pack included?
I changed a ton of textures. Vanilla ones and modded ones. Would be too much work to rip them all out again. Why would you want that?

EDIT: Here is a Sneek Peek of an upcoming feature! Modded heads with beards and other facial features :) Credits and huge thanks to Fluffy for his mad coding skills and making this possible!

jampy00

Quote from: simon-82 on January 02, 2016, 06:19:01 PM
Quote from: jampy00 on January 02, 2016, 05:47:32 PM
I changed a ton of textures. Vanilla ones and modded ones. Would be too much work to rip them all out again. Why would you want that?

EDIT: Here is a Sneek Peek of an upcoming feature! Modded heads with beards and other facial features :)

My bad. I saw another "texture" pack and it was awful. I posted my comment in haste. Very sorry, love the textures in this pack !!!
The update looks wicked. BEARDS FTW !!

Thanks

Autismo

Any idea why I wouldn't be able to install some of the prosthetics in the modpack?

For example: one of my colonists is missing an ear. So, I bought a normal ear from a trading ship, but I can't install it on her. Another example: I bought an Advanced Bionic Jaw. I harvested the jaw from one of my colonists (because there was no option to install the bionic jaw), but even after doing that I only have options to harvest organs or euthanize her. I can't install the new jaw.

However, I was able to install a Simple Prosthetic Leg on one of my colonists who got her leg chopped off in a fight. Now, I crafted this leg instead of buying it, unlike the ear and jaw, but I can't see why that would make a difference.

simon-82

Quote from: Autismo on January 03, 2016, 04:30:30 AM
Any idea why I wouldn't be able to install some of the prosthetics in the modpack?

For example: one of my colonists is missing an ear. So, I bought a normal ear from a trading ship, but I can't install it on her. Another example: I bought an Advanced Bionic Jaw. I harvested the jaw from one of my colonists (because there was no option to install the bionic jaw), but even after doing that I only have options to harvest organs or euthanize her. I can't install the new jaw.

However, I was able to install a Simple Prosthetic Leg on one of my colonists who got her leg chopped off in a fight. Now, I crafted this leg instead of buying it, unlike the ear and jaw, but I can't see why that would make a difference.
Medicine II for installing simple prosthetics
Medicine III for transplanting natural organs
Medicine IV / V for installing bionics / adv. bionics
There is a help tab where you can read about the unlocks.

Levan_Kujak

hey there, i am testing the ModVarietyPack and i like it .. but somehow my Pawns can't clean even the cleanbot can't do it... am i doing something wrong?

simon-82

Quote from: Levan_Kujak on January 03, 2016, 07:20:38 AM
hey there, i am testing the ModVarietyPack and i like it .. but somehow my Pawns can't clean even the cleanbot can't do it... am i doing something wrong?
Assign a cleaning zone. It is different from the homezone and has a broom icon.

NemesisN

did you got any respond from mod developer on those Shields that bugg out with combat realism ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on January 03, 2016, 08:36:28 AM
did you got any respond from mod developer on those Shields that bugg out with combat realism ?
nope, nothing so far. I looked through his code myself to find the problem but couldn't find it. I could use the shields without the CR compatability patch but bullets would just fly through the shields then, which makes them useless. So I better leave them out.
I was looking for other shields to put into the pack instead. There are shields by Skullywag, but not sure if you can fire through those.