[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverye

Numpty question - but I'm having issues getting Aluminum in my game world - need some to build a comms console and can't find any veins. Do you need to trade for it?

simon-82

Quote from: Silverye on January 03, 2016, 10:47:18 AM
Numpty question - but I'm having issues getting Aluminum in my game world - need some to build a comms console and can't find any veins. Do you need to trade for it?
You are really unlucky if you don't find any Bauxite at all. It is modded to be just as common as steel ore. Do some strip mining if you don't find any on the surface. Or trade for it when a trader comes by.

Silverye

Quote from: simon-82 on January 03, 2016, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: Silverye on January 03, 2016, 10:47:18 AM
You are really unlucky if you don't find any Bauxite at all. It is modded to be just as common as steel ore. Do some strip mining if you don't find any on the surface. Or trade for it when a trader comes by.
lol - I am a numpty - didn't realise that Bauxite was Aluminum!!  Thanks!

simon-82

v.1.23 is ready :)

Find it here as always.
Not compatible with older saves/versions as always.
Do clean installs please, saves a lot of headaches :P

Full changelog:
- Updated: ColonyManager
- Updated: Hospitality
- Fixed: Typo in Cooking II/ColoredLights research (thanks @Shad)
- Fixed: Raiders carrying skywrath turret (again... sigh)
- Fixed: Pirate siege raids spawning with only melee weapons
- Fixed: Removing an artificial body part now gives back the removed part
- Changed: Cooking time for GrilledCheese adjusted
- Changed: Rebalanced burger recipes
- Changed: Cost/Hitpoints of Conduit/LightedWalls adjusted
- Changed: Increased market value of IntegratedCircuitsBoard
- Changed: Cost of electronic chips decreased slightly
- Changed: Reduced sound levels of some turrets
- Enhancement: Added non-fertile soil type as a way to remove any cultivated soils
- Enhancement: Small heater can be uninstalled
- Enhancement: Steam generator can be turned off manually
- Enhancement: Well is now rotatable, cleaned up the shadow
- Added: New crafting table: Hatter's workbench (improve recipe count per table)
- Added: New crafting table: Food Press (improve recipe count per table)
- Added: New colonist heads (BEARDS FTW!)(heads selectable in PrepareCarefully)
- Added: Additional lighting (solar powered outdoor lamp, wall light)
- Added: Dermal Regenerator (heals scars)

Autismo

Quote from: simon-82 on January 03, 2016, 04:57:54 AM
Quote from: Autismo on January 03, 2016, 04:30:30 AM
Any idea why I wouldn't be able to install some of the prosthetics in the modpack?

For example: one of my colonists is missing an ear. So, I bought a normal ear from a trading ship, but I can't install it on her. Another example: I bought an Advanced Bionic Jaw. I harvested the jaw from one of my colonists (because there was no option to install the bionic jaw), but even after doing that I only have options to harvest organs or euthanize her. I can't install the new jaw.

However, I was able to install a Simple Prosthetic Leg on one of my colonists who got her leg chopped off in a fight. Now, I crafted this leg instead of buying it, unlike the ear and jaw, but I can't see why that would make a difference.
Medicine II for installing simple prosthetics
Medicine III for transplanting natural organs
Medicine IV / V for installing bionics / adv. bionics
There is a help tab where you can read about the unlocks.
Oh? You need to do research to unlock the operations? That doesn't feel right to me. I can understand needing research to craft prosthetics, but imo the operations themselves should only be based on the skill of your doctors.

But, that's just my opinion.

TLHeart

Quote from: Autismo on January 03, 2016, 01:50:47 PM
Any idea why I wouldn't be able to install some of the prosthetics in the modpack?

For example: one of my colonists is missing an ear. So, I bought a normal ear from a trading ship, but I can't install it on her. Another example: I bought an Advanced Bionic Jaw. I harvested the jaw from one of my colonists (because there was no option to install the bionic jaw), but even after doing that I only have options to harvest organs or euthanize her. I can't install the new jaw.

However, I was able to install a Simple Prosthetic Leg on one of my colonists who got her leg chopped off in a fight. Now, I crafted this leg instead of buying it, unlike the ear and jaw, but I can't see why that would make a difference.
Oh? You need to do research to unlock the operations? That doesn't feel right to me. I can understand needing research to craft prosthetics, but imo the operations themselves should only be based on the skill of your doctors.

Installing a peg leg is create a strap and a platform for the leg stump to set on....

Installing a simple prosthetic requires fitting a boot/cover to the leg, requires more knowledge/research than a peg leg...

Installing a bionic requires connections to the nerves and muscles in the body, requires more knowledge/research

so no it is just not about the skill of the doctor.

NemesisN

the new texture of deep storage does not show the recourse image but some black lines instead

before in deep storage with original texture you could see everything what is stored where....now with this new texture I can't see what type of recourse is stored where unless I double click on every one and read what is stored

here is the screenshot

Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on January 03, 2016, 05:02:06 PM
the new texture of deep storage does not show the recourse image but some black lines instead

before in deep storage with original texture you could see everything what is stored where....now with this new texture I can't see what type of recourse is stored where unless I double click on every one and read what is stored

here is the screenshot
Yea, it is supposed to show that way.
It's a deep storage container, the top of that is container is a wood plank so the stack is covered with planks. I did it that way to show that the stack is inside the container, not laying on top of it.
Granted, there is only one big wooden plank on top of it now. You are right, that makes it kinda hard to see what's inside. I tested it in a much brighter environment tbh.
When it's not that dark, you can see pretty good what's inside.
But seeing your screenshot, I might change the texture again.
I think changing it to have 2 or 3 thinner planks on top still gives the desired effect and makes it easier to see through.

WinterFlare

The reason I don't like the storage with that texture is if you reverse where it's placed IE: Hopper on the right or bottom side, it'll store items IN the hopper. I tried making them symmetrical in my base having them both face inwards, but it doesn't work that way.

NemesisN

maybe you should put a small icon in the middle of wooden plank that cover the recourse that indicates what type of recourse is stored

a small image type on top like a sticker

and light does not change anything its still hard to see any indication of what is inside
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

NemesisN

also look at this when you reach full capacity and they store 75 in the small one the recourse is under and it looks just bad

and here you can see that when deep storage is turned around so that metal thing faces up it stores the recourse in that small metal thing instead of the wooden thing and it just looks awful...I am storing wooden planks in this one

TheGentlmen

Quote from: simon-82 on January 03, 2016, 08:59:27 AM
Quote from: NemesisN on January 03, 2016, 08:36:28 AM
did you got any respond from mod developer on those Shields that bugg out with combat realism ?
nope, nothing so far. I looked through his code myself to find the problem but couldn't find it. I could use the shields without the CR compatability patch but bullets would just fly through the shields then, which makes them useless. So I better leave them out.
I was looking for other shields to put into the pack instead. There are shields by Skullywag, but not sure if you can fire through those.

Shields now got a CR compatability patch, I would know as I bugged Jaxxa myself to make the patch... (Warning, get too close/have too fast bullets and the bullets phase through...)

I'd also like to suggest ED-Sargate, ED-laserdrill, ESM-MountainTemp and finally ESM-Smoothwall...
ESM mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16098.0;topicseen

Autismo

Quote from: TLHeart on January 03, 2016, 04:04:04 PM
Quote from: Autismo on January 03, 2016, 01:50:47 PM

Installing a peg leg is create a strap and a platform for the leg stump to set on....

Installing a simple prosthetic requires fitting a boot/cover to the leg, requires more knowledge/research than a peg leg...

Installing a bionic requires connections to the nerves and muscles in the body, requires more knowledge/research

so no it is just not about the skill of the doctor.
I was under the impression that that kind of thing WAS related to the skill of the doctor? A unskilled doctor wouldn't be able to install an advanced bionic like that even with research. If this kind of knowledge isn't gained from the Medicine skill, what is? Getting really good at suturing things? Ability to cure diseases? Why do doctors get good at those things without research, but they can't install prosthetics? It seems contradictory to me.

TLHeart

Quote from: Autismo on January 03, 2016, 08:39:36 PM

I was under the impression that that kind of thing WAS related to the skill of the doctor? A unskilled doctor wouldn't be able to install an advanced bionic like that even with research. If this kind of knowledge isn't gained from the Medicine skill, what is? Getting really good at suturing things? Ability to cure diseases? Why do doctors get good at those things without research, but they can't install prosthetics? It seems contradictory to me.

big difference between the skill of a doctor who can suture a wound, and one that can connect nerves to a bionic... requires a different skill/knowledge/research set. Both in rimworld and in real world. 

Martiniator

Since I am scared of raids (I don't find it easy to make good defenses), I played with Phoebe Chillax on freeplay (the easiest) difficulty.
When I just felt I had decent enough defenses, I switched over to Sereniz Sadistic on basebuilding diff., which in my opinion shouldn't be hard at all.
As soon as I changed, a raid party of about 20 came checking out my place, with half a minute later a warg pack. Luckily they spawned in the same location, and the raiders took care of the wargs. When I had killed off the raiders, another group came. I took care of them too, but my automated defenses were pretty much destroyed.
Immediately after that a third group of raiders joined in and took care of my colony...
So, in short, in about 2 game days I got attacked by 3 raider parties, in total I guess about 60-70 people, and a warg pack. This doesn't feel right for a storyteller who is supposed to lower the amount of raids.
I wonder if I found a glitch/bug or if this is just terrible luck.