[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon-82

The modpack has a website / blog now :)

Visit http://simon-82.github.io/ModVarietyPack
and find everything related to the modpack! (plus some (more or less interesting) blog posts by me :P)

★ A list of all the features can be found here
★ A list of all mods included in the pack can be found here
★ Download links and installation instructions are here

Powered By

Do you wanna join / help?
Pull Requests are always welcome

Colony by @onearchitype:

Colony by @Kitsune:

Colony by @tapkevich, 2 images because it's so big :):

Sukha

Looks legit.
Always wanted a modpack based on Realistic Combat weapon balance.
Absolutely despise Seeds at this point of my Rimworld experience, but whatever lol.
Will give this a try.

simon-82

Quote from: Sukha on November 01, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
Looks legit.
Always wanted a modpack based on Realistic Combat weapon balance.
Absolutely despise Seeds at this point of my Rimworld experience, but whatever lol.
Will give this a try.
I hear you. But I always felt that just planting whatever is kinda easy. That's why I made a) all seeds craftable and b) increased  the stack size to 500. And the core issue I found was that almost all plants seemed to be too equal. To the point that it felt almost "cosmetic" to plant something else than rice. Plants and their seeds need to be researched here and become much more efficient in higher tiers. 
Thanks for trying it out and looking forward to your feedback!

Sukha

Right off the bat I can say, I like the overall quality of the mod. Feels very clean. Research tree is very well done for once lol.

A few UI elements are missing. Like the ability to assign priorities to all colonists not 1 at a time, same thing with medicine. Stonecutters table needs separate queries for different types of blocks.

Dopper

Looking forward to this.
This is just an information do what you will with it, but gentleman from what i heard he was making a remake of UOM.
What i mean is maybe you could share ideas? i guess.

simon-82

Quote from: Sukha on November 01, 2015, 05:15:50 PM
A few UI elements are missing. Like the ability to assign priorities to all colonists not 1 at a time, same thing with medicine.
I don't quite get what you mean there. You can copy/paste the work priorities on the right side of the panel. If that is what you mean?
What do you mean with medicine? The health tab in the colonist menu?

QuoteStonecutters table needs separate queries for different types of blocks.
I was thinking about that but didn't implement it because I don't see the point there. You can choose what blocks get made by selecting it in the "details" view anyway. And for certain blocks getting made first, you can prioritize them in the bills overview. Or am I missing something here?

Quote from: Dopper on November 01, 2015, 05:27:39 PM
Looking forward to this.
This is just an information do what you will with it, but gentleman from what i heard he was making a remake of TOM.
What i mean is maybe you could share ideas? i guess.
Thanks. And sure, if anybody wants to contribute to the project, I am open to all kinds of pull requests :)

silentwolf123

TheGentlmen

simon-82

Quote from: silentwolf123 on November 01, 2015, 05:41:53 PM
A few screenshots may go a long way
Without you quoting someone I believe you are talking about the modpack itself?
What kind of screenshots would you like? I actually don't think any particular screenshots are useful tbh...

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on November 01, 2015, 05:46:38 PM
COOL...
Your under my radar now...
o.O
Is that a good or a bad thing?
Hmm, now that I read your signature... *hides from the bricks being thrown*

TheGentlmen

Quote from: simon-82 on November 01, 2015, 05:54:19 PM
Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on November 01, 2015, 05:46:38 PM
COOL...
Your under my radar now...
o.O
Is that a good or a bad thing?
Hmm, now that I read your signature... *hides from the bricks being thrown*
""it's probably the best news for me today, that GENtzZ no longer bothering me." -Sky"
Your basically doomed. :)

Quote from: simon-82 on November 01, 2015, 05:54:19 PM
Quote from: silentwolf123 on November 01, 2015, 05:41:53 PM
A few screenshots may go a long way
Without you quoting someone I believe you are talking about the modpack itself?
What kind of screenshots would you like? I actually don't think any particular screenshots are useful tbh...

Pictures of a few things shall be nice... general stuff in ze modpack...

Sukha

Quote from: simon-82 on November 01, 2015, 05:40:13 PM
I don't quite get what you mean there. You can copy/paste the work priorities on the right side of the panel. If that is what you mean?

In Work tab, an option to edit each priority for all colonists at once.

Not sure what mod this is, but both UOM and SK have this Medicine tab where you can see all medicine options for your colonists.
When you get 20+ colonists switching through all of them is tedious to say the least.

I was thinking about that but didn't implement it because I don't see the point there. You can choose what blocks get made by selecting it in the "details" view anyway. And for certain blocks getting made first, you can prioritize them in the bills overview. Or am I missing something here?

If I put Limestone blocks to create until 200 and then create marble until 50. Marble blocks wont be made, if I switch the order then 50 marble blocks will be made and 150 limestone blocks. Its not crucial, but everything that improves the UI is a godsend this game.

Morkul

I really like it, exept for the seed part.

Most of the crop you grow you actually harvest and eat the seeds you can plant.  As the system is now it's plain stupid.

simon-82

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on November 01, 2015, 05:59:35 PM
""it's probably the best news for me today, that GENtzZ no longer bothering me." -Sky"
Your basically doomed. :)
If you have any feedback, ideas or find bugs, log a github issue please :)
Thanks in advance!

QuotePictures of a few things shall be nice... general stuff in ze modpack...
Hmm, maybe I can come up with some. Let's see.
Anyway, there is a full modlist on the release page for everybody to read ;)

Quote from: Sukha on November 01, 2015, 06:05:28 PM
In Work tab, an option to edit each priority for all colonists at once.
QuoteIf I put Limestone blocks to create until 200 and then create marble until 50. Marble blocks wont be made, if I switch the order then 50 marble blocks will be made and 150 limestone blocks. Its not crucial, but everything that improves the UI is a godsend this game.
Can you log a github issue for those two? That would be great, so I can keep track of the issues that come up :)

QuoteNot sure what mod this is, but both UOM and SK have this Medicine tab where you can see all medicine options for your colonists.
When you get 20+ colonists switching through all of them is tedious to say the least.
Sounds pretty useful! If you could find out what mod that is I would love to add it.

Quote from: Morkul on November 01, 2015, 06:11:05 PM
I really like it, exept for the seed part.
Most of the crop you grow you actually harvest and eat the seeds you can plant.  As the system is now it's plain stupid.
Well, you actually end up with more seeds than you started with after a while. That's when you can start crafting better seeds for better plants you have researched. The other way would be to buy simple seeds from a trader and craft them into better ones.

TheGentlmen

RW_MedicalInfo by fluffy is the mods you'll be looking for.

You should not include CCL with ze modpack. Its for the end user to add manually.
Research Info By Fluffy has been integrated with CCL V0.12.4. You'll need to remove it from ze modpack.

As for the stone cutting thing, what you prob need is itchy's stone cutting tweaks, which separates it into 4 diff recipes.
It does not remove the vinnila recipe tho, if you want to remove it you'll have to use my NoStone CCL special Injector which ya can grab from my modpack. Under: ResearchTreeUnlocker\Defs\ModHelperDefs\MakeMeHappy.xml & ResearchTree\Assemblies\NoStone.dll

Dopper

By the way forgot to mention, im waiting for someone to make "grand" things with this mod hope you find it usefull/interesting:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16423.0