[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sukha

Quote from: Sukha on November 02, 2015, 07:39:55 PM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on November 02, 2015, 07:28:03 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say. English is obviously not your strong suite. Since you managed to ignore everything I wrote and drew weird parallels and conclusions about things I never did.
You realize I actually criticized your mod for being too easy because of the turrets you have in the mod?

Yep, i always focused primarily on russian community and this is my first experience with an English-speaking audience. As you, drew weird parallels and conclusions about "not playable" balance.. I did not notice, that for example, russian let's players had real problems.

I agree, turrets overpowered, but they have a very low vitality and big cost. It's real, just compare the simple machinegun with artillery or tank cannon and think about how many times this weapon effectively.

The guy obviously takes my sentences out of context and disregards any of my arguments in his answers.
I cannot say anything to the dude without getting Warnings for offending a non fluent english speaker. How am I supposed to carry this discussion? Someone enlighten me.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Sukha on November 02, 2015, 11:02:05 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say. English is obviously not your strong suite. Since you managed to ignore everything I wrote and drew weird parallels and conclusions about things I never did.
You realize I actually criticized your mod for being too easy because of the turrets you have in the mod?

Yep, i always focused primarily on russian community and this is my first experience with an English-speaking audience. As you, drew weird parallels and conclusions about "not playable" balance.. I did not notice, that for example, russian let's players had real problems.

I agree, turrets overpowered, but they have a very low vitality and big cost. It's real, just compare the simple machinegun with artillery or tank cannon and think about how many times this weapon effectively.

The guy obviously takes my sentences out of context and disregards any of my arguments in his answers.
I cannot say anything to the dude without getting Warnings for offending a non fluent english speaker. How am I supposed to carry this discussion? Someone enlighten me.

Express your displeasure elsewhere, "gamer".

TheGentlmen

"Sometimes I even thought to remove HCSK modpack from ludeon forum, because statistics says that about ~70% downloads from Russia and this quantity is only growing. "

You want to cut 1/3 of your user base? From my knowledge, the majority of RW players know English to some-degree, while fewer know Russian, so not only are you excluding 1/3 of your current user base, but also a majority of your possible user base.

Being a programmer, I'd inform you this would be a bad decision in the long term, RW is not a game with a majority of Russian speakers. Knowing your target audience and their demographics is important.

If you invest more time building up resources which are (written in English/easy understand by English speakers) then maybe you'll get more English users.

"So, i spend superfluous time on the English version of the game, bcs (Its supposed to be spelt as 'because') very few English-speaking players understand what is the complexity and why its needed."

Ok, so you've failed to communicate with the English user base. And? It is not the English user base's fualt for not understanding 'what is the complexity and why its needed', its your fault for not communicating properly, maybe invest more time communicating to the English community. Currently you have a whole website in Russian dedicated to HCSK resources, how about an English translation for that?

Also, their is difference between 'Hardcore' and 'Unneeded Complexity'. You have unneeded complexity, it has been clearly pointed out many times, including by one of the recent pics on the HCSK forum post.

"Moreover, I have a lot of time is spent on the development of own mods and textures, so i have a less time for balance."

And? Why should I care? I got an better solution than just 'developing more of your own mods and textures', instead avert some of your time and resources to balancing. It is your job to dedicate enough time to each task, you've clearly under-dedicated your time to balancing and bug fixing.

Summerary: *MINDBLOWN* Who would of thought investing more time in something will get better/bigger results?1?!?!

YOUR FAULT FOR NOT INVESTING ENOUGH TIME INTO CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE MODPACK LIKE ENGLISH RESOURCES, COMMUNICATION TO ENGLISH USER BASE, BUG FIXING, BALANCING, EXT. YOU CAN NOT BLAME THE END USER FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT ANYTHING IF YOU DIDN'T INVEST ENOUGH EFFORT IN IT YOURSELF.

YOU CANNOT USE THE EXCUSE 'they speech English but no Russian so they don't understand cause reasons' (without stating those reasons, cause its your fualt), AS THAT SIMPLY SHOWS YOU FAILED TO COMUNICATE WITH YOUR ENGLISH USER BASE, WHICH IS YOUR FUALT.

YOU CANNOT USE THE EXCUSE 'I was working on XYZ so I couldN'T work on QU' , AS THAT SIMPLY SHOWS YOU DEDICATE YOUR TIME AND RESOURCES PROPERLY, WHICH IS YOUR FUALT.

EDIT: GODDAMMIT, MY SUMMERY IS ALMOST IF NOT LONGER THAN THE MAIN TEXT.

Xiupan

Hooray for ModPacks! This looks like my new replacement for Ninefinger's old mod pack. Thanks! :)

skyarkhangel

TLHeart

Quote from: Sukha on November 02, 2015, 11:02:05 PM

your not, for some reason skyark is protected, and allowed to offend every english speaking person.  And if we bring it up, we get warned.

Fluffy (l2032)

honestly guys, you want something from a modder and having a massive row with random bystanders in his front yard is how you're going to get him to do it?

Maybe if you asked nicely instead of trying to convince him you're right...

skullywag

Guys guys can we keep this stuff out of every modpack thread that comes up. Lets all just get along...

Good work Simon, if i can offer any advice its dont overextend yourself, make sure youve got a small fully balanced working bug free modpack before adding mods. Dont rush to try to have all the things. It doesnt work. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

joshwoo69

TO SKY AND GENTZ
Skully is saying that if you continue to annoy him. he will Time you out from SLACK.
(Warn)
EDIT: ahh!! my EYES BURN DYE TI RED TEXT AHH!!!

milon

Quote from: Xiupan on November 03, 2015, 01:30:22 AM
Hooray for ModPacks! This looks like my new replacement for Ninefinger's old mod pack. Thanks! :)

Complete with drama and all-caps and bad grammar from self-proclaimed English experts ;)

Honestly guys, you really can have strong discussion without the moderators stepping in with Mjolnir.  You just need to keep civil and level-headed.  Write your response but don't submit it. Take 5 minutes away to do something else, then come back and preview what you wrote. If it's offensive or inflammatory or not to the point, edit it.

I really would love to see a quality mod pack come out of this, and I look forward to good things coming from this thread.

(Edited because I failed to use Preview, LOL ;D )

Sukha

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on November 03, 2015, 03:03:06 AM
honestly guys, you want something from a modder and having a massive row with random bystanders in his front yard is how you're going to get him to do it?

Maybe if you asked nicely instead of trying to convince him you're right...

Dude releases a modpack and asks for feedback. People download and test his unfinished modpack and report on the issues they feel they have.
I have done mods in other games and know how hard it is to test shit out alone.

And to all the carebears that came to the thread after a certain Sky released a shitstorm with his nonsensical comments: You can stop pretending like you are above this shit and actually use your time to test the modpack and write something constructive, instead of commenting on other ppl behavior.

Forum moderators pretend like its some heavenly no aggro zone with all the Warnings, while smartasses post passive-aggressive shit and get away with it.

Ramsis

Okay so anyone who posts even the most slight form of chatter that can be considered potentially dickish is getting anywhere from a one to a week ban depending on severity. This applies to Sky as well as anyone coming in bashing for the sake of bashing. Cease the nonsensical posts everyone, there is no need for it and I am tired of watching you all act like a bunch of children. Sky I won't hesitate to ban you for another week either so if you want to keep posting shut up and behave.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

BoxOfDoom

Soooo, ::)
*sidesteps the drama*
A question on topic:

When I start the game, in accordance with the instructions in the readme, i can create a world and start a colony with no problem.
However, When the actual game starts, it... half-freezes? I can scroll around the map, but nothing moves, and the drop pods don't land. It stays this way unless I minimize the game and the maximise it again. Then everything starts moving, and I can still scroll around, but I can't click anything.

What do?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: BoxOfDoom on November 03, 2015, 10:22:47 AM
Soooo, ::)
*sidesteps the drama*
A question on topic:

When I start the game, in accordance with the instructions in the readme, i can create a world and start a colony with no problem.
However, When the actual game starts, it... half-freezes? I can scroll around the map, but nothing moves, and the drop pods don't land. It stays this way unless I minimize the game and the maximise it again. Then everything starts moving, and I can still scroll around, but I can't click anything.

What do?

We need an outlog.

BoxOfDoom

Sorry, I forgot.  :-\

Here you go!

[attachment deleted due to age]